Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Who first introduced you to the outdoors?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

Who is the person who first introduced you to the outdoors (hunting, fishing, camping)?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
i guess it would be me, the old man quit hunting before
i was old enough. so i just went by myself. fishing same
thing but my brother and me did a lot of fishing till he
moved south.

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Finlander

• Outdoorsman
My Dad. He was always going hunting or fishing when I was young and I was always asking to go with . When I finally got my chance I didn't miss a trip . Then he got my brother and myself into Boy Scouts . That was when the camping started . Now its rare that I even sleep in a tent .

Offline Outdoorsman -SD

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My dad and my grandpa.   :happy1:
Come visit the Black Hills of SD!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I guess, you could say, I'm self taught. My father didn't like hunting, fishing, camping or me for that matter.

So, I learned by myself.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
I guess, you could say, I'm self taught. My father didn't like hunting, fishing, camping or me for that matter.

So, I learned by myself.

Hunter

School of hardnocks....

I would have to say my dad on the hunting.. on the trapping was on my own with some help along the way.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I have both my dad & both Grandpa's to thank for my fishing skills.  They taught me everything I know-NOT everything they know!  ;)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that was a long time ago and I grew up trampsing the woods long before I was allowd to take a gun. I guess I would have to say my dad and my four older bro's all had a hand in teaching me to shoot and handle a firearm and the fine skills of still hunting.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
My Dad and my Grandma on my Mom's side.  That was primarily fishing and I actually got away from it all in my late teens (many bad choices then.)   :bonk:   :banghead:    :cry:

Then in my early 30s, my wife's brother asked me if I'd like to go deer hunting with him.   :fudd:  That was about 11 years ago now.  And now its pretty much all I think about.

He really asked me that at a very low point in my life and turned things around for me.  He didn't even know he was helping me up out of a deep dark hole.  He's my best friend.   :kermit:

Here's to John  :toast:
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
My dad brought me out hunting at 9-10 years old (with a bb gun) when he would go duck or pheasant hunting.  My mom and dad and grandparents (on my mom's side) brought me out fishing when I was old enough to hold a pole.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I grew up on a farm so shooting (started with gophers) was just a natural thing.  Sundays were reserved for church and fishing.  My dad fished a lot and of course we always went along.  Hunting just evolved from shooting around the farm.  I learned to hunt most animals by expermentation.  Back then there were no books or tv shows to learn from.   Deer hunting took by far the longest to learn how.  Being there weren't a lot of deer around in the mid 60's I went quit a few years before I got the hang of it.   :fudd: 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***