Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 5.15.08  (Read 2112 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Minnewaska - Fish On Bait and Sport

The weather was tough on Saturday but the bite was excellent!  We even seen a few wet guys go to the local laundry mat to use their driers so they could get dry and go out and fish some more.  We didn't hear a single person that didn't catch some walleyes and most were catching several.

Reports were from 3 ft. of water out to 24 ft.  As well, all popular baits and tackle were working.  Leaches and shiners where probably the most popular.

I went out at midnight with a local fishing partner and we ran the shallows off the beach with #11 floating raps and did pretty well.  We actually caught more fish casting from the dock!  They were in really shallow.

I expect another really good bite and weekend.  If you are looking for some walleyes, I don't think you can go wrong with Minnewaska.  Even just casting off shore from the beach or getting out on the dock in the evening with a lighted bobber, jig and fathead will produce some nice fish.

I heard some nice pike were caught as well.  Most were after the walleye.

I have a hand drawn map at the store if you want to stop in.  Call 320-634-3630 for any updates.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ammendment...

Mixed reports on the crappies.  Some are catching them left and right and others are not catching many at all.  Starbuck marina had good reports.  With this warmer week and weekend, I would expect it to pick up dramatically.

Kyle
Fish On