Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer Ticks  (Read 1429 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
The population of these ticks are spreading further and further. I have never seen or heard of any around this area til this yr. Now this yr I've found them crawling on me about every other day including a dozen of them on Wednesday. My step dad has been bitten by one of them this yr also, he believes he got it while turkey hunting this spring.

On Wednesday I was checked by a CO while coming from the field. I had deer ticks pinched in my fingers to be stuck to some duck tape in the truck. I do this as they can't get away but leaves them so others can look at them incase they don't already know. He had some spray that he says works very well for keeping them away. It was called pheramone by repel I believe. Comes in a gold can. He says he never had a tick after spraying his clothing but don't spray direct on skin. Must work as after he sprayed me I never found another either.

He was amazed that I had managed to find so many in just a short time. He was going to mention it to someone as maybe they had a population boom or they are more common than was thought.

Thought I'd just mention this to people as a reminder to keep a look out for these potentially dangerous pests.

Does anyone know if they make a vaccine for lymes? I'd be interested as at the rate I've been finding them it's a matter of time before one get at me undetected.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline GuideGirlsMom

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Griz---I do believe they have a vaccine for Lymes,but I think it is a series of 3.. Check with your Dr. office and they can tell U for sure...Cuz I was thinking up here the kids should all think about getting them--we have a lot of those nasty things here.... GGM!!

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Griz, how small are they? I found some this last weekend that were about 1/3 the size of the regular ones. I was wondering if they were the deer ticks. I picked 50 off my 2 dogs this last weekend. They were just crawling on them. That liquid stuff works pretty good on the dogs.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Bout the 1/3rd the size of a regular woodtick and smaller. They have a reddish half moon color to thier back end on the back.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson