Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Muskie stocking/Spearing  (Read 1127 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Would just like to get others opinions on the debate over stocking muskies in new waters.

I like the idea of muskie being in new waters but don't support it for one simple reason. They usually become a designated muskie lake which makes them non spearing. That is my prefered way to go after northern in the winter.

I have heard all the reasons as to why but non of them make sense to me. The biggest one being that they don't want people acidently spearing one thinking it's a northern. Well the difference between the two in a spearhole very noticable almost as plain as black and white.

Another is in murkyer water one might not be able to tell the difference. If you can tell the difference tween a sunfish a bass a walleye and a northern you can tell the difference tween a ski also. If you can't tell the difference it's too darn cloudy to spear anyhow, so I don't buy that either.

I have heard other reasons also but can't think of them right now. If you can think of them I'd explain why they don't make sense to me.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson