Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New skids for my ice house?  (Read 5502 times)

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I am looking for some new ice skids for my ice house on Mille Lacs, it is a 10 x 18 but the frame work for the floor is about 19 foot long.

It is one of those older wheel houses that one has to jack up with a highlift and put the car tires one before moving it.

The resort owner where it's at won't pull it out or let me cross his bridges without leaving it on the skids.

I think the frame could take being pulled as it is but if there is any snow it would act like a plow because there is no clearance to go over the snow.

I was told that Atkin lumber might have some oak skids but I can't find a number for them.

Anyone know a place I could get two 20ft long 6x6 Oak skids, also need a portable welder to weld some side plates to help suport the skids under the frame.

Thanks,Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline Finlander

• Outdoorsman
Make the skids out of steel tubing . Check with Discount steel in N. Mpls. They could probabaly even cut the angles on the ends for you and then you would have to weld plates on to cover the ends. I've seen a guy at work make a few of them . He's out of Wilderness Warmth .

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country

Benny

Try Isle Discount Supply (lumber yard). 320-676-8166

Maybe you're happy there; but if it was me, I'd be shoppin' around for a different resort.  :taz:
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline Paul Waldowski

• Outdoorsman
    • Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay
Benny,

If you can't find any, give me a call as I have a set here that we could sell you.
Paul Waldowski
General Manager
www.sunsetbayml.com

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks finlander, I will give them a call to see if they have something.I might beable to get a discount from them as my company is right across the river from them and we buy steel from them already.

Deperado, I don't have any problems with Dean at the resort but he said my house is way to heavey to be on just two wheels and a truck.
He will pull it for me if I get it set up to do so on skids though.
He is one of the cheapest on that side for summer and winter prices, the resort just North of his has kicked out all the fish houses now and will be just trailer rentals.

Paul, are you still at AD's??

They are just South of Dean by a few miles, I might be up that way Saturday afternoon.
If I don't make it this coming weekend I will be up the following weekend for sure, I have to get my name and addy on the fish house and pay my winter dues.

Benny

Offline Paul Waldowski

• Outdoorsman
    • Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay
Benny,

Yep,  Still at Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay
Paul Waldowski
General Manager
www.sunsetbayml.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Should the deal with Paul not work for you, I found the number for Lake States Lumber in Aiktin for you. Toll Free:  (800) 432-3727
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Jeff, no wonder I couldn't find it under Aitkin Lumber when it is Lake States Lumber.

Benny