Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Updated fur prices  (Read 4113 times)

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
I used to trap as a kid with my father back in the 70's in Northern Wisconsin. Where can I look online here to get an updated list of what the pelt prices are going for?
   Thx Scott

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Right now the fur market is right with the rest of the economy, hurtin. At the begginning of the season things looked good until some other countrys economies started going south also. I have looked at websites from NAFA and FHA and they don't mention much about dollar figures. They beat round the bush so to speak. Talk about buy backs, buyer interest what not. Anything but dollar figures. Now on the subject a few auctions were cancelled due to lack of interest or participation (buyer registration).

The only way to get a dollar figure right now is to bring fur in to the buyer and have him make you an offer.

Everyone is kinda on hold waiting to see how this feb auction turns out.

If you want an idea I could give you my opinion, that would just be my opinion and I'm not a fur buyer. What kind of animals are you interested in knowing about.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
Coon,mink,fox,coyote. I remember in the 70's we would get about $125 for fox, around $14 for muskrat, coon, beaver, otter, mink I dont remember. Thx
                    Scott

Offline trout whisperer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
contact your local minnesota trapperers association district memeber..there online......they will give you contact info for your nearest fur buyer......prices for me were well off the mark......so i had some beaver and one otter garment tanned......
trout whisperer author/guide

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll let you know from my experience.

Coon- 10$ in the carcass ave.
Mink- 8$ put up ave.
fox- 10$ carcass
Coyote- Depends on what part of the state but around my area they don't want them in the carcass. If you put them up they will give you a little money.

Like TW said get ahold of your local buyer he will have a better idea
« Last Edit: January 01/31/09, 10:35:39 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
Thx for all your help.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got the FHA auction results for jan 9th sale. What they did buy seems like they paid fair for but some items were only selling a small %

Beaver - 70% sold - $25 ave Mostly larger sizes selling
Mink - 36% sold with a $12 ave
Otter 57% sold with a $39 ave
Rats 70% sold with a $3.35 ave
Coon 8% sold
Coyote mainly unsold
Red fox the easterns sold about 80% at a $21 ave the central and westerns were mostly unsold
Grey fox 62% sold at $25 ave
Fisher 75% sold at $50 ave
Weasel mainly unsold

Now some of these prices may look pretty good but when only the better end goods are selling it can be deceptive. Reds for example the easetern sections sold pretty good but our section was mostly unsold. Coon only a few certain colors sold. Market looks to be very selective. Hopefully the feb auction is going to sell a better percentage.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline fishercz20

• Outdoorsman
Wow, Ive been away from Trapping for along time. These prices are very low. Thx for the report Griz.