Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: musky  (Read 1507 times)

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought musky had a season that closed in december? I also thought it was illegal to intentionaly fish for a species out of season, so i was kind of confused today when i saw a flyer for a ice fishing contest that awarded a prize for the largest musky caught. Wouldnt that mean they are encouraging you to fish ilegally?  :scratch:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I thought musky had a season that closed in december? I also thought it was illegal to intentionaly fish for a species out of season, so i was kind of confused today when i saw a flyer for a ice fishing contest that awarded a prize for the largest musky caught. Wouldnt that mean they are encouraging you to fish ilegally?  :scratch:

That is weird.......

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
don't enter and DNR know?
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
I will have to go read that flyer again tomorrow find out where it is. They give prizes for other species as well so maybe they say they are not intentionally fishing musky just award for accidental catches. It seems to me it was kind of a big organization putting on the tourney.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
even still, if someone accidentally catches one, it has to be immediately released.  Otherwise, it would be considered "reduced to possession" until it was released.
« Last Edit: January 01/10/09, 09:08:54 PM by kingfisher1 »
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Agreed, it's illegal to not release this fish right away. I would think anyone advertising this as part of their tourney is going to get into trouble. And they should.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.