Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Benefit for a Young Outdoorsman  (Read 4569 times)

Glock_22

Below is a flyer for a Benefit for my Nephew. He is having Open heart Surgery next month in Rochester at the Mayo. This is his second surgery since he was born. He is 4 1/2 years old. The money raised will go to the families medical and travel expenses. There will be a silent auction with ice fishing gear ex. Ice Armor Suits and Fish Trap Ice Shelters.

Sunday March 1, 2009 at
Forset Lake Mansetti's
4:00pm to 7.00pm

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
I work Sunday but would like to put in my $10.00. How can I do this??

Tim

Offline Robbo17

• Outdoorsman
Jesse and Glock-
Wish we could be there Sunday. I'll try and make it. But if I don't, Jesse remember, Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. 

Robbo

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the original post from the Lucas' father.   (I don't know why I didn't see this before.)
http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=15068.0

I challenge all MNO members to dig deep in these tough financial times and try to make the fundraiser Sunday.  If you can't make it, send in $10.00 (or more) to help out.  Lets help these folks out! 

I won't be able to make it, but a check will be on it's way as soon as I know where and who to send it to! 
« Last Edit: February 02/28/09, 02:54:22 AM by Jeff »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I can't make it out there for this but want to donate. Would it help if I gave a guided trip on the croix from www.chasintailfishin.com? It's my guide service. Let me know if you want to put that as part of your auction. I'm more than happy to give one away for an event like this. You can contact me at shane@chasintailfishin.com or call me at 651-216-3548.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family. Kids are a wonderful thing, I hate to see a little one go through this. He is in great hands at the Mayo.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thank you Everyone for wanting to help out we greatly appreciate it. 
Donations can be sent :

Lucas Robinson Benefit Fund
Lake Elmo Bank
1937 Greeley St S.
Stillwater, MN 55082
For all your HVAC needs contact me at
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool Sandmannd.  Imagine if everyone donated a lil something to help out here.  Thanks to everyone who donates-it's going towards a great cause!  Imagine if you child was Lucas-a lil help would be most welcome!
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I'm more than happy to do it. Hope it gets you a little cash. I've had family go through this with young children and it's scary. I'm glad you asked for help with it, we need to support benefits like this. The last thing Jesse and his family needs to worry about is where the money is going to come from. If there's anything more I could do to help you guys know how to get a hold of me.

God bless Lucas and his family

I belong to a couple of other sites, would any of you have a problem if I put that flyer up on there as well? I'd like to try to get as many involved in this as I can.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
HEY sandmannd I dont have a prop with you putting it out there on other sites that is super cool of you to do that.
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: There's OTHER sites?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline backwoods

• Outdoorsman
I posted it on the other link and I am posting it here:

I hereby challenge each of you to give at least $10.  I sent in my donation, lets help out the family and defray the costs a bit.  Can you imagine what the expense sheet will look like, and secondly, dont ever forget...it could be your family this happens to next!

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=15068.0

In fact, I am going to make a list of a few things I will sell and donate directly to the fund...cmon, lets raise some money to help!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I'm with you back woods. I sent out an email to friends and family to see if they would send some money their way. If need be, I'll take the collections and send it in for them. I'm going to post at work too on Monday as I work for Children's Hospitals and most there are pretty generous.

I also went to a buddy of mine to see if I couldn't come up with something else to auction tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll hear back from him in time or not though.

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Again THank You  Sandmannd for the donation of the guided trip.  Also thank you to Don Stenseth he stopped by and donated 2 awsome wildlife prints to our silent auction.  We greatly appreciate guys.   
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Again THank You  Sandmannd for the donation of the guided trip.  Also thank you to Don Stenseth he stopped by and donated 2 awsome wildlife prints to our silent auction.  We greatly appreciate guys.   

That is awesome!!

Wish I could of made it but been at work since 1pm. My check will be hitting the USPS tomorrow!

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
My check will be in your mailbox on Wed!

I have five boys myself. So on one hand $ is tight
But on the other It could be worse, so I say
help help help if you can.

whats $10  :scratch: -- 3 beers or 2 packs of smokes
one pull of the slot
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
stamped and ready.

I thought it would cost more than that
to get such a good feeling   :whistling:
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Don Stenseth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos
No problem. Glad I could help a little.
Don Stenseth's Wildlife Photos

www.sitekreator.com/donstenseth

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I did not see this until today plus I worked yesterday.  I am sending the $20.00 that my wife and I would have payed to eat the dinner if I would have been around.  Good luck!  If even half the members on this site sent the $10.00 just think of the dent that would put in that bill that is coming.  We are sportsmen and women we always stick together lets help this family out here!!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline huntinchick

• Outdoorsman
Thank You everyone that has contributed to the benefit in some way or another.  We really appreciate all the help that everyone one here has done for us so far.  By the way I am Lucas's mom.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Huntinchick, you are very welcome. I hope to do more for you, I'm working on it but haven't scraped up the donations I was hoping for yet. I'll keep at it though. I've been thinking of your family non stop since Saturday. Keep us posted on how you are doing please.

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If anybody would like to know the progress of how lucas is doing feel free to visit www.caringbridge.org/visit/lucasrobinson  this will have all the updates and progress of how he is doing.  And again thank you to everyone here at mno

Robinson Family
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline thunder

• Minnow
Jesse.... thoughts and prayers go out to your little boy and family. I will make sure to watch his progress through the caring bridge site.

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thank you again to all.  We got to bring lucas home late thursday afternoon.  Man does it feel good to sleep in our own beds.  He is doing really good and at times you wouldnt even know that he just got done having surgery.  I wish I had as much energy as these kids do.
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Outstanding! before you know it he will be causing trouble and you will be enjoying every minute of it!
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline backwoods

• Outdoorsman
Pheasant and huntinchick, I am sure glad to hear he's doing well.  That puts a smile on my ornery ol face!  :)

Fellow sportsmen...give till it hurts, then dig in and give some more!

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."

Fellow sportsmen...give till it hurts, then dig in and give some more!
Absolutely. Most everyone's hurtin right now, but the Robinson's need our help.

Glad to here he is doing good!  :happy1:
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I'm so glad to hear he's coming along so well. Children are very resiliant and can bounce back very quick.

Continue to let us know how he does please.