Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Snow for the weekend  (Read 1474 times)

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Sounds like some flurries are going to be here for the weekend.

This is a great time to get your nose to the ground, find some tracks, and place some late season stands for muzzleload/archery hunting. The key this time of the year is to be as mobile as you can, and not be afraid to get out there and find where the animals are moving to and from in your area.

Most likely these situations are going to put you very close to feeding and bedding areas, as the deer will want to conserve as much energy as they can; ie not move as far, so you will have to pay close attention to your wind at all times.

Also keep in mind the deer are "trained" from other seasons so any foreign movement, sound, and smell is going to put them on ultra high alert. This calls for soft clothes, stands that don't creak, and everything else that can bust you or make a sound to be left behind

Good luck to everyone this weekend, and here's to some red snow!
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Light flurries have started in the Black Hills.  I will try to send them your way.   ;)
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Light flurries have started in the Black Hills.  I will try to send them your way.   ;)

Send a few 180" 5X5 mulies while you are at it, along with some 150" 5X5 whitetails. These 90 inch MN bucks just aren't cutting it for me!  :rotflmao:
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bring on the snow!  :snow5: I have one really thick woods to hunt and it would help me pick the movement out better in the low light situations we seem to find ourselves in all to often in the late season!!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
about 3/4 inch just north of Grand Rapids.
2 inches or therabouts near Effie.
I have heard 6 inches near warroad.

now lets get some ice!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!