Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2009 - 2010 Ice Reports  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Lets start a new thread for this with the correct date for this year.

:happy1:

Any ice out there yet??

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
swamps are starting to freeze... thats 'bout it.  It wont be long tho if we get the forcasted temps

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Yeah.. Take a look at this!

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country
November 28th
I found a 60 acre bay in Aitkin County with a half inch to three quarters of an inch on 50 of the 60 acres.
I would guess that someone might sneak out onto that bay this weekend.
I'd be back up there myself to check it out tomorrow or Saturday, but I'm at the ice fishing show all weekend.
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
A few smaller ponds have gone back to skim ice. The forcast winds for tuesday is the only day i see the wind really dies. hopefully lakes start to lock up before then!  :dancinred:
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline wallyhunter66

• Minnow
Looks like Duck, Little Jeff, and Clear in Lexington are covered, Tetonka, Sakatah, and Madison look to me to be 90 to 95%!!!!   Won't be long now!!!   :toast:      :happy1:      :woot:    Hey KTapper hows German looking?

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
If I can find my spud bar tommorow I might get out and try some bays on a few area lakes? Depends if my hunting plans fall through? :fishing2:

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
In the cass lake area my friends were out fishing today on some of the smaller lakes. 2 1/2 to 3 inches.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
For those curious about the Winona area, The little ponds around Winona have a light skimming of ice and Lake Winona is starting to fill in around the bays.  We are supposed to get a storm, 6-12 inches, so that could put a damper on things! :banghead:
I havent checked on Bartlet, but im sure it needs some more time since it has some springs!
I will be doing some scouting this weekend and hopefully finding thick enough ice to fish on!

ITS SUPPOSED TO GET COLD!!!!  :woot:

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a report of portables out on Lake Elysian tonight! Ill try to make it out to some other lakes tommorow and see whats crackin!

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
west central minnesota most smaller lakes covered  some real small lakes even had a couple spear houses out. I think by thursday or friday I might venture out.  I like a little more than 2" personally.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
2- almost 5 inches down here!

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
we have our small spear house out on lake garfield. whoody whoo!!

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I got out today for a few hours before the storm came in and there is still 2- 3 inches on Washington but there was still open water infront of squirells nest point!  :titanic:

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I heard that there was 10 to 12 guys out on pelican last night in two of the bays. 
For all your HVAC needs contact me at
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
took the wheeler across winni yesterday. there was 4 half or 5 of good ice. we have our big spear house on a little lake also

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
5 to 6 inches on Pelican in Wright County. 
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline spawn of stenseth

• Outdoorsman
  • live to fish
 :fishing2: theirs 4 guys on the bay of south lindsrom now not sure how much ice yet! abou to find out  :happy1:

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Permanent houses are showing up on Alexandria area lakes now.  Not sure on ice thicknesses however.  Reno has been giving up some eyes.  :whistling:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Set The Hook Guide

• Outdoorsman
  • Twin Cities Fishing at it's Best!
    • Set The Hook Guide Service
7" of ice on the northeast bay on Saturday.
Todd Stauffer
Set The Hook Guide Service
Lake Minnetonka, Waconia & Beyond
1-952-454-3266
www.setthehookguide.com

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Anyone got a clue as to the ice amount on Big Pine up there by Mille Lacs?

Thanks,
DH

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Was not able to hit the lake this weekened however there was about 50 people on Rush when I drove by it.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
We have 8 1/2 inc on both lakes. Small cars are now driving on the Big pine Lake. Big fish house are being put out with ATV. Ice is good not alote of snow on the lakes. Walleye are biting good at 3-6 PM and from 7-10 Am in 15 to 20 feet of water.

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Brian, did you get anything on South Lindy the other day. PM or Text if you don't want to broadcast even though the Dinner bell area is never a secret!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green