Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: First buck of the season  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Think he'll be a shooter this yr????? He's got a nice jump start on his rack but doesn't seem to have a lot of mass so I don't know if he'll be a giant.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
He's bigger than these two that's for sure.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Should have a nice rack but like you said may no be thick. My grandfather raises a few whitetails and i just saw his buck and this one is taller then his 10 point from last year.. Lets hope you find out when its on your wall!

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Think he'll be a shooter this yr????? He's got a nice jump start on his rack but doesn't seem to have a lot of mass so I don't know if he'll be a giant.

looks like the one I saw today on the way home from the cabin... to early to tell how big he's gonna be

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a pretty good start to me.  If those are brow tines starting, they look far from the base.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline plotter

• Minnow

Offline Swany

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
~Swany

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Very nice Big E! While sitting in the turkey blind this past week we had a doe with 2 bucks that were starting to put up racks. The larger of the 2 appeared to be maybe and inch smaller than your posted pic but no brow tine popping yet. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your guy as the season wears on to see how he develops!  ;)
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Very nice Big E! While sitting in the turkey blind this past week we had a doe with 2 bucks that were starting to put up racks. The larger of the 2 appeared to be maybe and inch smaller than your posted pic but no brow tine popping yet. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your guy as the season wears on to see how he develops!  ;)

Not positive but this might be him.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Wow wow wow wow! Man that gets me excited!!!

I can't wait to find my bucks!!!!! Time to start looking.

He is going to be a champ! Its not even June. What is on the right side there? His left. I cant tell because of the tree. Is he already splitting againg or is that just the tree in the background. And I wonder who is friend is there off to the right? Any more pics?

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Champ?? I kinda like that....possible nic name for the hit list we won't be doing this yr! How about I introduce your deer and you can introduce ours this yr? Might bring us better luck???
 He is starting his G2s. He might be curling in to so he won't be real wide so I'm hoping for tine length. Tough to tell in this picture if he is starting to curl in already....hope not.
  I tried zooming in on the deer in the background and couldn't see if it was a big one or not. I put out some Rack back so I'm hoping to have more pics soon.