Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: dolgo crabapples  (Read 1774 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I just ordered 10 bare root dolgo crab apples.  They are 7 footers and I am getting them for 17.30 each.  I already have the wire caged and am planning on potting them when I get them this spring and planting them this fall. 
My friend is a landscaper and buys in volume so that is how I got the great price.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That is indeed a good price.  I really like the idea of putting them in a bucket until fall. This should make it easy to keep them watered untill they get some roots established.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Big E

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That is a awesome price! It isn't what you know it's who you know! Lucky you.
Let the small bucks walk. Don't assume the neighbors will shoot them if you don't. If you shoot him what chance does that buck have to grow......ZERO!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Best part is, my friend is going to put the trees under his drip iragation system.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.