Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 12 ga Slugs  (Read 2863 times)

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I was at Cabela's the other day and I saw that they have Wolf brand 12 ga. slugs on sale for $1.99.

Not a bad buy on slugs
Shut up and Shoot

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
sabots?
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not sure as I did not have enough time to look
Shut up and Shoot

Offline 7Pines

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
DEFINATELY not sabot at that price! ;)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
had to ask... you never know.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline 7Pines

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I cringe every time I pay around $10 for a box of 5 for the ones I shoot!  Highway robbery, I say!!! ;D

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy You guys are lucky I didn't get in this sooner. The only time sabots do any good is if you have a rifled barrel! I learned this the hard way. 65 yds laying over the hood of my truck I hit a 4 X 8 sheet of plywood 3 out of five times with sabots in a smooth bore. At 80 yds using the cheapest shells I could buy(foster slugs) I managed an inch and a half group.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Id  like to know the beer ratio on that test Griz :o
Shut up and Shoot

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
If there were any beer ratio I might have hit something with the sabots. Try shooting a box of sabots through a brid barrel. Won't be worth a hoot I'd guess.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson