Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Let the fun begin!  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
Got done with High School about 30 years ago with a GED. Worked hard, married and still raising some children. After spending most of my life doing all sorts of BS jobs and the month of June out driving truck and missing the kids, I decided to head back to school to get a job that gets weekends and holidays off. Going to be attending Globe University/Minnesota School of Business for a Criminal Justice degree. Maybe I can get a job that I don't have to sweat while doing it. If you know of anyone needing a part-time employee around the Buffalo, Mn. area let me know. If you want to send financial assistance I'll send you my address!

;D  :whistling:  :police:
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Some how,  :scratch: I don't picure you as a cop....  :scratch: But...maybe, on the other side of the bars....  ;D

JK Slick! I wish you well in your adventure!
« Last Edit: June 06/30/10, 12:01:22 PM by Hunterdown »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to you slick
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What do you plan on doing in the criminal justice field?

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
My daughter is doing that too.... I think she could kick both our asses! :rotflmao: Good luck with
the schooling!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you.  Hope it goes well and good luck!!!!   :toast:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
What do you plan on doing in the criminal justice field?
Thanks all!
As for now my goal is to be a Probation Officer. But as the years go on and the schooling continues, my goals will probably move up from there.

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool I thought I about doing that. Just dont fit in life now cant afford to go to school. I had 2 neighbors who were both police officers and both said dont do it they were getting paid 15 bucks an hour and did not think that was fair considering the risk. Neither is a cop anymore but who knows I am sure all jobs are not the same.
I still always thought it would be cool to workl narcotics.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool I thought I about doing that. Just dont fit in life now cant afford to go to school. I had 2 neighbors who were both police officers and both said dont do it they were getting paid 15 bucks an hour and did not think that was fair considering the risk. Neither is a cop anymore but who knows I am sure all jobs are not the same.
I still always thought it would be cool to workl narcotics.
Don't wait till your life is 2/3 over before you go. (Like I did) Missin out on alot of money.

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Im graduating in the spring with my 4 yr law enforcement degree. I would have to dissagree with cops not being paid much. They either only had a 2 year degree or they worked for a small town. There is actually a decent amount of money to be made in law enforcement. 

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
Personally I would never be an Peace Officer, way to dangerous.
 But a HUGE THANK YOU for those that are or will-be.