Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: It's a long weekend...  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
and I'm laying in the hospital with clots in my lungs.  Not exactly what I had planned.
Dang the bad luck.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Hope you recover quickly!  :happy1:

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Hate to here when one of our MNO brothers is laid up. Sorry to hear that Slick. Hope you have a speedy recovery bro.

Lee
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ouch, not a good time there.  What brought this on?  Too much time in a boat?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
Anyone can get an embolism but truck drivers, frequent flyers and people that drive a lot in general get the embolisms, from what I'm told it's because of lack of movement and poor circulation in the legs. Then the clot forms in the legs and moves to the lungs, if the lungs don't catch it the embolism could end up going to your ticker...and that ain't good.  We just got back from visiting my in-laws that was a 9 hour one-way drive time.  She said,"It won't kill you to visit my parents you know", well, it ALMOST did!
  :bonk:
Don't know for sure what brought it on but it turns out having pneumonia and a pulmonary embolism at the same time gets to be really...really...really painful. I have never felt anything like it before and never want to feel that again. Would make a great torture device if we could harness that pain.
Doc sent me home early but I have to give myself the shots and keep track of all the medications with an office visit each week for (?)
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Sorry to hear about this slick!  Glad you are back home on the road to recovery!   :happy1:
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Get well soon.  :toast:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.