Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's your prediction for the Vikings opener? $$$$ win  (Read 5133 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
What's your prediction for the Vikings opener? #3 ranked Vikings v/s #1 ranked Saints

Thursday September 9
Time (ET)  
8:30 pm

Minnesota Vikings        New Orleans Saints  
        24                        28

The first person to predict the exact final score will win $10.00 Have Fun!

** You may enter only one time and can not change your prediction once entered. Anyone found editing their original prediction will be disqualified. :police: Think hard before posting. :scratch: My guess won't count so someone may use those numbers if they choose.
« Last Edit: September 09/07/10, 10:18:39 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline tmjhamann

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Troy Hamann

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Misky

• Outdoorsman

Offline redbull135

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline JakerGreen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • MNO Junior Staff
Waskish, there is no where else I would rather be.

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
35 - 24 Saints over the Vikings!

But I want the Vikes to win, but I just dont think they will!

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Who-dats over the Queens 34-20.... I hope Im wrong... It would be reeaaly nice to get a good dose of revenge and what a great way to start the season with a win on MNF.... lose, and its gonna be a long, long, short week, and probably a sign of things to come... tough to keep a aged QB healthy, and winning..... WITH NO FREAKING CENTER! :doah: :banghead:  I think it'll be a miracle for the Vikes to go anywhere this year with an even more suspect OL than last year.... but who knows.... Maybe they will be one of those teams that gels to overcome adversity and does some serious damage in the playoffs..... :popcorn: only time will tell.

Offline proangler16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
"Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." ~Zenna Schaffer

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
out of 14 ppl responding 8 think the vikings take a nose dive? exact same team as last year with a little more time together, minus a few injuries. we have a very good running back against a very bad fun defense team...  :sorry:  :blablabla:

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah but they lost their red zone running back,  may lose their top reciever for the season, lost their starting center.....(and they just traded away their 2nd string QB ;)) that'll take the wind out of the best teams sails.... we'll see how deep their bench is on Monday..... gotta hope the D scores half of our TD's this year! :whistling:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
rice is out 6-8 weeks, sullivan will play, sage looked good against 2nd-3rd string guys, berrian is back to being #1 and earn his paycheck. griffin isnt playing from what i hear, because he is still recovering from his torn ACL, but will do fin with asher, and i think our D will be better this year, which should be scary because they were pretty dominant most of last year

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Cody.... good to have optimism, But there a lot of big ifs there.... Rice being out 6-8 wks is over half the season and thats if he comes back then and is in game shape, tough for a reciever to come back quick with that injury.  Berrian being back to # 1? what does that mean?  I hope Morneau will be back in the line-up for the Twins for the playoffs, but that doesnt mean he will... It means I hope he'll be there....  Sullivan will play?  He hasnt played all camp because of his calf injury... theyve been talking Cooper/Hererra platooning at center.... :doah:  Sullivan is undersized to begin with, and hes starting the season injured... you cant make light of the importance of the center position and the rest of the OL which was suspect last year... Hopefully Loadholt will have improved from his rookie season, both he and Hutch were getting ran over all last season.... Its the teams definate weakness.  Not a good mix with an aged QB with a "lubricant" filled ankle... Not sure if I agree with the D being stronger than last year, but it is the teams strength for sure. they are a pretty tough D except for the corners and saftey positions... Sage may be a 2nd stringer, but at least Sage could throw the ball.... didnt TJack throw for like 2 yds last game? We are one good sack away from going to a rookie QB, that has never taken a snap in the NFL, being our best QB option for the season..... There is reason for hope here, but all that is the reason half of the predictions are picking the Who-Dats.... not sayin, just sayin.....

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
both teams have a mess of injuries, saints is on defense, ours is on both sides of the ball, last i heard is that sullivan is probable to start which in the NFL means he is playing, they toying with the idea of playing cedric now as well, it was berrian was number 1 and rice was number 2 until favre brought out rices potential and berrian was plagued by a injuryed hamstring all last season. last year hutch was playing with a injuryed shoulder alot of the season, not sure what you mean by he was being run over?  as was herrea(sp) loadholt i think will do fine. sage could throw the ball against 2nd and 3rd string corners, jackson wasnt given any chance to, and webb i think is our QB of the future, they just need to bring him along, he has all the talents and he is big(unlike jackson) he just cant be thrown to the dogs right away or else they will regret it.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Vikes    (9)
Saints   (34)

:sorry:   I see a slow start.  Most other teams have been working out together.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Not changing my prediction, but if we remember that "game" there at the end of last season..... we easily could have won that game, the Who-dats didnt really beat us, we beat ourselves with all those turnovers... If we just keep the damn ball when we have it :doah:, we have as good a chance as the Saints to win this game.  The one thing I dont quite get is all the people sayin its payback time... Well, is it payback even if we trounce them tonite? NO!  They won the game last year.... THEY went to the big dance and won the thing!  If we win tonite, it will be just a good start to this season.... There is no payback unless we beat them in the playoffs this year, and go on to win the superbowl.... That'll be payback! :happy1:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
MN 24 saints 17     :nerd:   but I'll misss the first half as I will be  :fishing:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm going to say 31 to the Saints and 17 to the Queens.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Last guess must be entered no later than 7:15 pm :sorry:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeouch...... looked like a couple of teams that were still in pre-season mode. :coffee:  that and a team with a QB that didnt show up to camp until the last two weeks.