Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Benefit for My Uncle Tom  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hello everyone!

Over the next week or two I am going to be contacting a lot of business's here in the state and in there areas that I live as well for a benefit. I am looking for donations for a good cause.

In 2008 a lung biopsy confirmed Tom's diagnosis of Idopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). IPF is a progressive lung disease in which the lung tissue slowly becomes scarred and makes it difficult to get oxygen into the blood and to breathe. There is no cure for IPF. Through this journey Tom has been doctoring at the University of Minnesota where they have been keeping a watchful eye on the status of his lungs. In April 2010 test results showed the disease has progressed enough to put him on the lung transplant list and have him resign from his job. Tom is married and has 3 children with a 13 year old still living at home. After losing his job times have become very hard fro Tom and hi family so we have decided to hold a benefit which will both raise awareness for IPF and also raise money to help with his financial burden.

SO.... I am asking all my fellow outdoors people to once again come together and help out. If you, or anyone you know would be willing to make a donation please send me an email or feel free to post info here. ANYTHING HELPS.

info@mnoutdoorsman.com

Thank You!!

Tim

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Wish I could make it Tim, But will see what I can do about donations. My Mom died of pretty much the same thing but had a few good years after surgery. Prayers out to the family.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
 :bump:

If there is anything you can do it would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Tim aka MNO
Site Owner