Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cliff Lee & Texas  (Read 1734 times)

Offline fishnutbob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Leech lake guide, Walker, Mn.
The ace
As I watched Cliff Lee pitch last night my thoughts were WOW if the Twins had him this year what a great Ace. Just maybe he could pitch us to the next series and the young pitcher's could learn just watching him and give the number 2 and 3 starters the confidence to pitch a great game like Lee.

I think the Twins thought Liriano would be the Ace for us this year. I thought maybe he could be he looked real good at times. I dont know if the Twins have the money for a pitcher like Lee but unless the young pitchers turn their game around next year and thats a ? now with injuries why wait start after the World Series and go and spend the money for a Lee type Pitcher. Maybe Joe will step up and and give some of his salary back to sign an Ace think that will happen?

What do you guys think

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont think that we will decrease Joe's salary, he will get what we promised him, but we will have an increased salary cap with the revenue from Target Field.  I think we did a good job with getting recent bullpen guys to finish games this year, but we forgot about the starters.
We should have gotten Lee or one of those "Ace's" when they were on the market - we needed 1 more pitcher to make a run at the playoffs, and when the bullpen is behind by 3 runs, it doesnt matter how good they are, cause they cant win us the game.
I think we will make some moves this year, but our offense will look alot different next year - we will lose a few guys.  But I do think that we will be on the top of the AL central again and in the running for the next few years atleast.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I think we will see Cliff a little more next year.  I'll bet Bogie's bingo  stash that he will be wearing a NY hat full of rosin in 2011.   ;D  ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
     I think we will see Cliff a little more next year.  I'll bet Bogie's bingo  stash that he will be wearing a NY hat full of rosin in 2011.   ;D  ;D

+1

They are already kicking themselves they didn't get him this year.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
After last night I think this guy belongs on the Twins. Get to the big game and flop just like a mn sports star.