Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: How much snow you getting?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
We got 11'' here in St Paul, another 10'' coming... I hate snow!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm watching the neighbor blow out his driveway.  Looks to be about the same here in the Circle Pines area (~11").  This is the third neighbor that's been out blowing the driveway.  To much togetherness in the house I guess.  I don't plan to get my blower out until it's done snowing.  Good day to stay in and cook up some venison stew.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I would say we have about 6 or 7" in Maple Grove.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Just plowed about 8"  :snow5:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We were suppose to get 5 to 10 in Brainerd Lakes area but weve only gotten a dusting. It is windy and colder than a well drillers *** here.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The wind makes it hard for an accurate measurement but I think we have around 10" so far in Lakeville.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
A foot in Watertown. mn.     
blowed my driveway already so there will be less to blow when the temps drop to below zero.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Too much??  I cannot leave and am bored to tears sitting in my house all day with nothing to do!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a dusting here in Da-Luth watch was cancelled at noon, so much better then the 12-16" they said we were going to get ! about time you southerns guys get it all ! lol
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
just watching the news & Oakdale reported 20" so far with more to come
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I just spent three glorious hours outside blowing snow. I do my driveway and my older neighbors. He lets me part my boat in his driveway all winter and I take care of the snow. It was at least as high as the blower. I did a pass around the car and cleared out to the street then around my truck in the street. Pulled the car back and cleaned where there was then moved it back up and put the truck in the driveway. Then it was on to my sidewalk and neighbors drive. I got his upper drive blown out and then cleaned off my boat. Then had to blow his drive again. My daughter is home with us this weekend so she shoveled our steps. I asked if she would do my neighbors but she said she was tired. Well by the time I was done with his upper drive I was tired and ran out of gas in the blower.

I came up and told her I would give her $20 to do my neighbors and then ours and his again tomorrow and she agreed. I have no problem giving her some cash to do this as it's much more than a normal snow fall.

I got the blower gassed up again and went back to work on the neighbors. Finally got it all cleaned out. Another thing I do is take four or five sweeps in the street from my neighbor on the right all the way down to the neighbor on my left in the street. This makes it so I don't get six feet of snow after the plows come through. After than I took the snow blower up the hill in the front of my yard. I always plow a run between my house and the neighbors on the top of the hill so the mailman can easily walk between the two. After that I plowed out the gate and started blowing in the back yard. Our dogs were not moving around at all with that snow. The beagle would have been buried in it. So I cleared out a few runs and then up to the upper yard so I can get to the shed if I have to.

I had used the last of my gas for the blower and my truck was low so foolishly decided to head out to the gas station. I got stuck three times in four low going up the hill. After that I was fine. I got to the station, filled gas, grabbed some slushies for the family and headed home. This little jaunt cost me 35 minutes of my time. Here's a few things I observed.

-Front wheel drives are great in snow. But only up to about 4 inches. When your car is only 6 inches off the ground what makes you think it's going to go through two feet of snow?

-A two wheel SUV or Truck is NOT the same as 4x4. It's OK for me to laugh at you when you are doing 180's and getting stuck in the street.

-What are you doing out in this crap with a car or 2 wheel drive truck? Have fun paying for the tow truck.

-I will never go without a 4x4 or snow blower in my life.

-I need new tires on my truck.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.