Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Brad Dusenka of frankies live bait in chisago  (Read 5102 times)

Offline hadams

• Outdoorsman
  • fishing relaxes the mind,body,and cleans the soul
    • MIDWEST EXTREME OUTDOORS
Brad dusenka and his cousin mark were aquitted of all charges yesterday after 3 hours of deliberations .
for those of you who heard what happened  :whistling:
"What is a Mentor you might ask?"
A Mentor is a brain to pick, an ear to listen , and a push in the right direction
~John Crosby~
VEXILAR PROSTAFF (WI)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    They were lucky.  The kid changed his whole story.  Either afraid for his life or realized how much pain he was causing his family.  I hope he cleans up his act after this.  Tough love can work.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
good. I should give him a call, it's been a while since I talked to him.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope, I didn't hear what happened.  :popcorn:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I remember this story, and all I will say is that if the same situation 30 years ago happened....there wouldn't have been much to this and no story besides DDSBYDAY's.....tough love theory.

You can google the story from the Startribune.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
heres the story from the chisago press... moral= don't take your grandparents stuff

Trial begins in case of nephew allegedly beaten by uncles, jury seated early this week

BY DENISE MARTIN

Jury selection in the matter of the assault charges against Marcus Clay and Bradley Dusenka started early this week.

The trial is going to be unusual not only because a well known area family is involved, but because the alleged victim-- a 27-year-old nephew allegedly beaten by his own uncles -- has recanted his version of the incident that the criminal charges are based on.

Attorneys were first in court in Center City Monday arguing an evidentiary motion, on which Judge McBride ruled in the prosecution's favor.

County Attorney Janet Reiter guesses the trial itself will require a week or less.

Clay, 51 and Dusenka, 44, of rural Chisago City, are related through marriage. They are being tried for allegedly kidnapping (holding against his will) and assaulting Shawn Dougherty over several hours on December 15, 2009.

The evidentiary issue had to do with a videotape made while two emergency medical technicians (EMTs) were evaluating Dougherty's condition in an interview room at Lakes Area Police Department, the night of the alleged assault.

Reiter said the level of relevance of the video was questioned by the defense attorneys. It was a positive thing that the judge ruled in the prosecution's favor on this question of law.

The videotape supports the contention of the prosecution that Dougherty was seriously injured.

The evidence hearing included testimony from two deputies, an EMT and a Lakes Area officer verifying the reliability of the video evidence; for instance when the tape was made, etc.

Asst. Chisago County Attorney Nick Hydukovich told Judge McBride the court must grant the videotape the status the prosecution requests "for substantive purposes," as the tape apparently depicts Dougherty identifying his assailants and also recorded the EMT asking about and evaluating injuries Dougherty sustained.

In April 2010 a trial on charges that a third person-- Shane Sperr, had "aided and abetted" in the assault ended with Sperr being acquitted. The jury apparently did not find that Sperr "knowingly" helped a crime to be committed. It was at this first trial that the initial complaint and its details were discounted by Dougherty, who now claims he probably invented the whole episode.

Dusenka and Clay are accused of having lured Dougherty to Sperr's residence and forcing him into their truck, driving to the Rush City area and back to Chisago-- beating Dougherty in the course of the day's events.

Dougherty was hospitalized at Regions Medical Center for two days after his mother took him for medical care. The EMT said in the evidence hearing Dougherty had refused to be transported the day of the alleged incident, but she'd made him "promise" that he'd see a doctor later.

If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Just read the articles on the Star Tribune... I guess they didn't have to beat him that badly but maybe it needed to be done or should of been done years ago. I just really hope that he has chosen a different path in life since then.

Offline hadams

• Outdoorsman
  • fishing relaxes the mind,body,and cleans the soul
    • MIDWEST EXTREME OUTDOORS
yeah i just talked to brad ! turns out the kid decided to tell the truth about everything i actually sat in at 1 of his court dates and man u wont believe the BS that the nephew was saying about them.

anyways now hopefully they can move on and put it all behind them  :dancinred:
"What is a Mentor you might ask?"
A Mentor is a brain to pick, an ear to listen , and a push in the right direction
~John Crosby~
VEXILAR PROSTAFF (WI)