Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Benefits of logging.  (Read 2547 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
You might not get these results from logging, but here is a youtube video of deer using freshly logged land.  Loggers are still working.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAWnfMjF7wY&tracker=False[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 03/10/11, 09:35:07 AM by MNO »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen this (not to this extent) up where I'm from. Late season in the cutovers. Deer yard up and go for the easy picken's. I've driven by small herds of them standing out in the open in the middle of the day during a snowfall.....it's almost as if they think you can't see them.... :fudd: :deer:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The stampede isnt from logging its from the glacial melt coming down for a new ice age...   :rotflmao:

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That would be a sight to see.. Most I've seen are 10-15... but that looks like 100+...Wow.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Deer are attracted to logging sounds.  A neighbor did some logging a number of years ago and the deer would line up and wait for them to shut down for the day before coming in to feed.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
THATS CRAZY!  There were alot of does (unless they were bucks that dropped their antlers - IDK how long into the winter it is).

:Photography:

:scratch:  I am baffled how that happened.... awesome video.

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
It was after hunting season, so later on in the year. Bucks had already dropped. The guy who made this film said that he had tried hunting this area during the season and never saw a deer :scratch:!
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wow url=http://www.dogproductshop.co.uk][/url]