Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The Launch  (Read 1112 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Fishing For Life and Gem Fishing Present:
“The Launch”
A night to include:
Coffee & Dessert
Silent Auction
Live Auction

Friday, April 1st at 7 PM
North Heights Lutheran Church
Arden Hills, MN
Special Guest Speaker,
Pastor Richard Scherber

Pastor Rich Sherber is the Executive Director of MN Teen Challenge, a Christian drug and alcohol program for teens and adults.

As a teenager, Rich was heavily involved in the drug culture of the 1970’s. Rich admits to having been “a drug addict and drug dealer. There were nights I brought thousands of dollars of drugs to town,” he said. His life changed dramatically in 1972 when he accepted God into his life on the way to a drug deal. “I was literally rescued by a group of people who were committed to us rag-tag druggies.” They came to town in their buss (called the Jesus Bus) and handed out snacks as they tried to “Talk some sense” into the teenagers doing drugs on the street.

From then on, Rich served God with his whole life. For nine years, he pastured a church in Minnesota before accepting a four-year missionary assignment in South Africa. When he and his family returned to the United States, he was offered the position of Director of Teen Challenge in Minneapolis. At that time, Minnesota Teen Challenge had no assets and was $20,000 in debt. Obeying the call of God, Rich accepted the position. The first six months were very hard. He worked 12-15 hour days alone trying to renovate a condemned crack house in south Minneapolis. “I asked for help but no one came,” Rich said, “It was the most difficult six months of my life.” He cried out to God for help, it came – in a big way! A contractor showed up to bid on a heating system. After Rich shared his vision for the ministry, the man donated the entire system. That was only the beginning. Within a few days over $40,000 worth of products and services were donated for remodeling of the building.

Since those days, MN Teen Challenge has grown tremendously. It is now one of the largest Teen Challenge centers in the world with over 380 residents, six buildings and an annual operating budget of $12 million. Rich says, “Sharing the message is the best answer for all problems. A spiritual awakening can make all the difference. I know, if it can work for me, it can work for anyone.”

Live Auction Items:
*2 Fishing Trips to Canada’s Premier Fly-In Fishing Resort, The Nueltin Lodge - $7000 value
*Al and Rond Lindner Guided Fishing Trip - Priceless
*Wilderness Guided Boundary Water Canoe Trip - $3000 value
*Lake Vermillion 2 Night Muskie Trip for 4, Including Premium Private Cabin, Meals and Guides.
*Sitka Alaska Guided Trip and Lodging
*And Many more Silent and Live Auction items to bid on!

Individual Tickets $12.50 each

Program

7pm – Silent Auction/Raffle

7:45 – Welcome: Hugh West & Pastor Jay Tachnay

8pm – Dessert & Coffee 
MN Teen Challenge Choir

8:25 – Pastor Richard Scherber, Executive Director, MN Teen Challenge
8:50 – Last Call Silent Auction/Raffle

9pm – Tom Goodrich, Executive Director, FFL
   Dave Lindmark, Executie Director, GEM

9:15 – Live Auction
Col. Dave Nelson

9:40 – Fund-a-Need
Col. Dave Nelson

10pm – Closing Remarks
Check Out Begins

Thank you for your donation and your participation in this fundraising event
hosted by Fishing For Life and Gem Fishing.

You have made a difference.

If you’d like more information about this event
or any of the ministries mention, please contact:
Tom Goodrich at tom@fishingforlife.org
Or 612-987-5466
www.fishingforlife.org
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.