Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The first mushroom of the season  (Read 1374 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, ok, it's not a morel but how far behind can they be?

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
You big tease.  Last year I found the first morel around the 15th of april.  We need heat.  I'm guessing another 2 weeks.  Last year was one of my best ever.  Found them early and often.
Here are a few pics to get everyone primed for the hunt.

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Might have to give it a try this year. I get poison Ive real easy, so thats why I hardly look in the woods in the spring.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hunter2  to prevent poison Ivy if really allergic there are barrier guard creams ( Ivy Block )to put on face hands arms before going out.  Then wear very light long john/shirt such as Cabela Tic proof BugSkinz (tm)  then long sleves and jeans and gloves( these will also keep the tics off).    Remember that last years poison Ivy leaves have the most Urishinol ( the oil you are allergic too) than at any time.  Dont touch your face if you can with the gloves on.  When home get in the shower and wash with dawn dish washing soap it gets oil off better than anything as soon as you have peeled off the clothes that might have been in contact.  Of course throw them in washer as soon as off, then to shower.

No morels here  1 ft of snow friday and snowing hard again now...here was turkey hunting yesterday.... can you see the turkey....behind the decoy... Im comin over to Minnesota for Easter hope they are up by then..

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
When I was alittle younger i was very allergic to poison Ive and one thing I was always told to use is heavy duty degreasing hand soap like they have at auto shops. My mom would always have to go to the shop down the road and fill a ziplock bag with it for me and it really works wonders.

Offline bobbers_down

• Outdoorsman
With all of this moisture, you would think they should start poppin' as soon it warms up a bit.
"If all politicians fished instead of spoke publicly, we would be at peace with the world." - Will Rogers