Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Morrell hunting  (Read 1478 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How is everyone else doing this year?
For me it the direct opposite of last year. I'm not finding many at all.  Only my best spot has had any.  I've looked about 6-7 time and have only found about 75 total.  The lilacs are blooming so the season is almost over.  I'm going to sneak out real early tommorrow morning before the  :queen2: gets up.  Now is the time when you will find the biggest shrooms of the season.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
got out for 2 hours this morning and got skunked.  Guess I am going to have to wait until next year to find more. 

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I have a buddy that washes his morels into a bucket and then dumps the water with the spores where he wants to pick next year. It works well I hear. Has anyone else tried that?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline katfishkeith

• Outdoorsman
  • Here kitty kitty
Thats a great idea. I always drop the one I pick back on the ground where I found it, and also carry all the ones I find in a mesh sack to spread the most spores as possible, but had not heard of this idea, I think I will try this.
I am the luckiest husband, my wife, Mrs Katfish brings home fishin lures instead of shoes n clothes......

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I went out last Wednesday and didn't see a single one.  I don't know if they haven't bloomed yet or just never will this year.  Several years ago I poured out the wash water in front of my house, the next year there were morels there.  I does work. 
I plan to look again this Tuesday.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A few of the spots that I found them this year are spots that I dumped my bag full of shrooms out and picked them back up.  You will get better result if the spot that you dump them out are prime spots. south faceing, dead elm, hidden from other hunters.

In the west metro the season might be over.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I bet a few come up tomorrow. Only one really warm day and little sun this week plus rain
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Don't give up just yet! I've been out a few times this year and never found one. Well their I was mowing lawn and I looked in the lilac bushes and small tree line and I see a Morel so I stopped mowing to look and found these! Missed out on some that were rotten but I think I got a decent amount of nice ones! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nic53

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Also forgot to mention this was right in the middle of town!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
VERY NICE!!!! :happy1: