Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear hunting distance?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Carp84

• Minnow
I'm going to be hunting in Aitkin county and looking at the area I'm going to hunt I will be 1.25mi down a logging lane, then 3/4-1mi off of the logging lane....from this point I will be 1.5mi from the road to the north, 2mi from the road to the west, 3.10mi from the road to the east and over 5 mi from the road to the south. Will this give me a decant chance of being away from the crowd?

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
don't usually see a crowd when I'm bear hunting.. but if your concerned venture around out there when your baiting and look for other peoples baiting sites
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline bweyer

• Outdoorsman
Sounds like it should be fine. Bating up here it's grouse hunters on wheelers that I've had to worry about. When small game starts I've had bears go nocturnal and dissapear altogether. My rule has been if it's easy for me to get there then someone else will be there and may spook my bears. I always have a few easily accessed spots and a few that are hard to access. Always seem to have much more luck at the hard ones.