Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: how well are your food plots working?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
we planted biologic full draw down a logging trail in aug. isnt doing much/ not much action. planted 2 acre field with shot plot brassicas and the deer are mowing it down. digging up the turnips as well. need to make it bigger next year. right after the first cold snap the deer just started going nuts in there. even with the acorns everywhere they are being pulled into the plot.

what did you plant? and how is it working for you so far?
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
the spots where the turnips were thickest are kicked to sh** already.. they're hitting it hard. the sanfoin didn't take. looks like next year i'll do turnips early in the spring so I can replant em the year goes on I guess. not sure what else to do
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline Sew Sille

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Same here. They are mowed down to about 1 or 2 " high. Deffintly need to get the turnips in sooner nixt year.

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We put in about 2 acres of assorted brassica's in 3 plots. They were planted early July and got enough rain to get going good. Then came the dry spell. The deer still hit them but the plots on high ground just quit growing. The plot that was in the bottom of the hollow now has 3'' turnips and the deer are grazing there all night. I got 3 acres of rye grain planted Sept 10 but with no rain for a month it is just now getting 3'' high. The deer and turkey are hitting it hard enough to keep it there.

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
as of 10/7/2011 our 2 acre food plot was just a few stems and still some turnips in there. we will definately be using this again next year and expanding this plot and adding a couple more. they never even touched the clover, they would grab a bite as they were moving through but never went out of thier way. so at least in my area brassica mix is working the best. still wanna try out some of the other stuff you guys are talking about.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!