Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coahran to lead Spicer Area Fisheries for DNR  (Read 917 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Coahran to lead Spicer Area Fisheries for DNR
(Released January 10, 2012)

Dave Coahran has been selected to manage the fisheries of 40 lakes and several rivers and creeks across seven counties as the new Spicer Area Fisheries supervisor for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Although Coahran is new to this position, he is not new to Spicer Areas Fisheries. With the exception of a brief stint in International Falls, he has spent his entire 23-year DNR career in Spicer. He most recently served as acting fisheries supervisor following the retirement of Bruce Gilbertson.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my years working with Fisheries staff and stakeholders in the conservation of our priceless fishery resources,” Coahran said. “I look forward to continuing those efforts in my new role.”

As DNR Fisheries supervisor, Coahran will oversee, evaluate and manage all fisheries activities in an area which includes Kandiyohi County and portions of Stearns, Lyon, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Swift and Yellow Medicine counties. He will work with his team to conduct lake surveys, sampling and testing. They will stock up to 38 lakes per year with various sizes of walleyes and other fish species as needed.

Coahran will also oversee operations at the New London Hatchery. This facility annual hatches 40-65 million walleye fry and produces 500,000 walleye frylings and 2,500 muskellunge fingerlings each year. The hatchery provides walleyes for stocking needs throughout the state.

Coahran earned his bachelor’s degree in fisheries science from Purdue University and his master’s degree in fisheries science from Virginia Tech University.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!