Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Knutson named new DNR assistant area wildlife manager  (Read 1499 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Knutson named new DNR assistant area wildlife manager
(Released April 5, 2012)

Amber Knutson has been named the new assistant area wildlife manager for Lincoln, Lyon and Yellow Medicine counties, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
In her new DNR role, Knutson joins Assistant Wildlife Manager Bill Schuna and Area Wildlife Supervisor Bob Meyer to manage wildlife and habitat on public and private lands, and address the natural resource needs of the public.

The team is responsible for habitat and facilities on 136 wildlife management acres covering 25,400 acres and one waterfowl refuge. They monitor 27 water control structures that affect 4,037 acres of wetlands.

Knutson’s duties will vary widely from day to day, but will include things such as seeding prairie, implementing prescribed burns, controlling invasive species and surveying wildlife. She will also assist in planning, developing and implementing DNR wildlife management programs, activities and policies.

“This position allows me to combine my education and experience with my love of the outdoors,” Knutson said. “I really look forward to learning more about the area, meeting people and working with our natural resources.”

Knutson holds a bachelor’s degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Science from South Dakota State University. She did summer intern work for South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks. She has worked at Hayes Lake State Park in northwestern Minnesota and as DNR general laborer. Most recently, Knutson was part of the DNR’s prairie wildlife roving crew, which performed habitat work across southern Minnesota.

Knutson and her husband, Justin, live in rural Canby with their two children.

For more information on the Marshall area wildlife office, click here http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/heritage/factsheets/wildlife-marshall.html or call 507-537-6250.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!