Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Any Reports ?? -- Alex / Evansville / Ashby  (Read 5283 times)

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading up to my buddies cabnin tomorrow to drop off the boat  ::) and pick up his sled.  Any word on how the lakes are doing around there?

I think they are on Pelican. 

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Which pelican? The one by minnewaska?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
I think by Ashby??

I will PM you my # if you don't have it.  Call me if you know something or want to meet out there.  We should be up by 11:00, leaving around 9AM.

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
After a little work on the sleds we were on the lake by 4:00 testing out the new Lowrance H2Oc and LakeMaster Chip (What an awesome piece of equipment).  As we headed cross the lake on 3” of new snow we set up on an inside turn near where my buddy and his family have pulled some nice crappies and walleyes in the past.  This spot is on the turn back into their bay from a little narrows portion between the bay and the one of the parts on the lake. 

We started to set up the houses when my buddy took off with his sled to run some of the rust out of not using it very much for 2 years.  About 400 yards later he is stopped and the hood is up.  That’s not good we said and he was towed back into the cabin while two of us proceeded to set up the houses.  (Got informed last night the pistons are done, and that there was a mouse nests that blocked the airflow that hosed everything up).

Me and my buddy caught 40 crappies (biggest was 9”) plus a few 9” perch mixed in.  We released everything because the first thing we wanted to do is dry out when we got back in.  In years past they have caught 13” – 14” out there mixed in with the walleyes, especially early ice.  It looks like next year will be a good year for another batch of those bigger crappies.  I had a bare hook with small crappie minnow on one line, I was jigging a slender spoon with small minnow head on the other line.  My buddy fished two bobber setups the entire time.  The other house (20 feet away) didn’t catch anything and hardly marked anything either.  The other guys we talked to and saw weren’t catching anything Saturday night either.  Looks like we were on the spot!! 

There were plenty of FULL SIZE houses and TRUCKS out there on JUST BARILY 12” of ice.  It had started to rain around 3pm and when we left the lake we had 3+” of water on top of the ice.  My stuff had been hanging for 2+days and it finally dried out last night. I would not encourage anyone driving out there as the ice was not clear.  I guess there is a pressure ridge that blocks anyone coming from the East side of the lake.  It was open water when we left on Sunday for home.   

Sorry no pictures...  TOO WET FOR THE CAMERA.