Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Best food plot this year?  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Bear Creek Bucks

• Outdoorsman
I'm curious what people thought their best food plot this year for hunting over was? We had soybeans, rye, and clover this year. The clover and beans were both good, rye was ok during the first part of the rifle season, and after we got a little snow/ice, the beans were getting pounded and the other two were hardly being touched!
...I am not the man I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not the man I was. John Newton

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Early the radishes were hit and wiped out.  The deer then moved to the oats which were actually the cheap horse food variety of seed. After a few frosts the deer moved to the rye and were hitting them the last week of the rifle season.  The clover trails were used all year long.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline flowinggardens

• Outdoorsman
First year of doing plots, 2 of 4 turned out ok, 1 was really good and 1 did almost nothing, of what grew they seemed to love the clover, but the turnips and radishes that turned out look like they are just starting to get hit last week so I will wait to say unitl bowhunting is over.Hoping for some snow to see if they hit the turnips hard when it gets colder out.