Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: buck n oats  (Read 1463 times)

Offline apr guy

• Minnow
has anyone planted buck n oats with any luck and  if so can u plant them in the spring or will they ripen before bowhunting season

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
BOB(buck on the bag) seed is way over rated and over priced.  I went to the store and bought a bag of horse food oats and planted in aug.  The oats never got taller than 3 inches tall.  The deer grazed it every day and i only paid 7 dollars.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Bear Creek Bucks

• Outdoorsman
We planted oats too early one year and they were starting to head out when it froze, deer didn't touch it. We should've mowed it I think a few weeks before first frost. Most cereal grains like oats, rye, winterwheat, you want to plant in August so they don't get too tall and tough. Good luck!
...I am not the man I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not the man I was. John Newton