Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: wolves do need to be managed  (Read 2459 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=740743945969964

He was going to use it to stabilize the river bank.
You have a great sense of humor Ray.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline nontypicalhunter

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=740743945969964

He was going to use it to stabilize the river bank.

What I take away from that video is that the "deer" are the whole eco-problem! We must kill all the deer before they completely destroy the whole ecosystem and we have no birds or beavers or new rivers being created. What would we do if the Brits didn't educate all us dumb Americans. All hail the Queen!

Offline mathews4ever

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It is truly hilarious how people overreact about wolf stories. If it was a video of a car hitting a dog people wouldn't be calling for us to get rid of or drastically limit the number of cars, but if a wolf kills a dog everybody instantly jumps to the conclusion that we need to kill the wolves. Sorry, sorry, I meant "manage" them, by killing large number of them. WOLVES ARE PREDATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did everybody expect the wolf to do bring the dog a pie, maybe a hand knitted scarf so he could stay warm up in CANADA(not Minnesota).
"when a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is twenty feet closer to god." -Fred Bear-

Offline wile e coyote

• Outdoorsman
I guess I'm the odd man out. I strongly disagree with the managing and senseless killing of these animals in the so-called hunting season they have started on them. They are a very important part of the environment, heck watch the whole video that ray posted. Sad sad day when people are calling for the eradication of such a majestic creature.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
It is truly hilarious how people overreact about wolf stories. If it was a video of a car hitting a dog people wouldn't be calling for us to get rid of or drastically limit the number of cars, but if a wolf kills a dog everybody instantly jumps to the conclusion that we need to kill the wolves. Sorry, sorry, I meant "manage" them, by killing large number of them. WOLVES ARE PREDATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did everybody expect the wolf to do bring the dog a pie, maybe a hand knitted scarf so he could stay warm up in CANADA(not Minnesota).
I agree wolves are predators and are vital to nature in the fact they cull the weak, BUT when an animal of that cunning and typically secretive nature comes in and takes someones pet not being afraid means they are getting a bit brave and to me that means overpopulated. I don't believe they should be eradicated.......... controlled yes. somewhat what the DNR  does with the deer population and its issuance of antlerless permits.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
The heading of the post says managed, not eradicated.  I think it was uncle ted that said if you have a season and charge to hunt them they will never be extinct.  Or something close to that.  In areas the wolf has become overpopulted and greatly reduced there natural diet and have started to go after pets.  This video is from canada. Never said it wasn't. This same exact thing has and does happen throughout the northern part of the state.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.