Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: anyone else chasing coyotes?  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
I made it out for my 2nd coyote hunt of the winter. first one lasted all but 20 seconds because of dead batteries in the caller. kind of frusterating. but I went out on new years day evening because it was fairly warm and the moon is almost full so I can see. forgot to get some shells for my shotgun. I like hevishot dead coyote, but they are spendy. anyways I had half a dozen 3 inch BBB left over from goose hunting so that's what I used. got out, got set-up with the wind in my face and turned on my FoxPro. about a minute later I seen something running across the marsh towards me, it was a coyote and she swung wide and came in at my mojo critter decoy on a run, shot her at 35 yards just 3 yards from my decoy. rolled her and she started jumping around so I put another shell into her to finish her off. was a young female and she was not starving, was a hefty girl. did one other stand but with the swirling wind in the lower area nothing came in. so season is off to a good start.

side note what does other coyote hunters do with them? anyone know a place to maybe sell some of the nicer ones?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Skin and tan yourself.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Arent you the footballer? Where'd yah get it?Kandiyohi county? No Bounties here but just west  a few counties yet offer bounties. Last year they did and I dont think that changed>>>Google it>>Check Johnson furs on 71 south if its skinned properly and taken care of they may buy it.
 Maybe next spring or after we can go out together?I use a bow or now a crossbow,Mouth call and squirrel or bunny skin for attractant. Across the road from home, used to get 2-3 per year.We hear em most nights summer/fall.I don't make it a todo just did it when winter cabin fever set in.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I am. I live in the west metro(chaska) I played for willmar because my dad lives out there. don't know of any bounties around here though. never really skinned a coyote before. I love going out a night in the winter, they have a high drive to find food then. this one im not sure I could whacked with my bow. she was on a dead run at my decoy. it is a lot of fun. but if I could get something for the nicer ones then great, if not then ill just dispose of them.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
That looks like a pretty decent fur from the pic.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
If im around Cody I would help skin them for you or I would take them off of your hands.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
alright. if I get one this weekend ill shoot ya a text

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Looks like only one county out of the original 3 still offer a bounty.and its only 10 bucks!! When it started in 2011 I believe it was 25.The pelts still can be sold for what?I don't know.research it maybe? If yah take any around Kani county stop by takes 15 minutes to skin for profit,You can learn on the first one easily!
http://tomcherveny.areavoices.com/2014/01/09/counties-lose-interest-in-coyote-bounties-as-hunter-trapper-interest-grows/
« Last Edit: January 01/04/15, 09:27:57 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
what happened to that guy that used to make the hats and stuff on here? or you can check with a local taxidermist they may give you something for em if they're not all shot up and blow to bits.  i would skin it and check into tanning sending it off to be tanned.. i know with the last bear we did it wasn't too ridiculous.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"