Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a conservation officer  (Read 806 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                                  Ask a conservation officer:

Keep roadkill deer with just a phone call

Feb 1, 2015

Q:  If I hit a deer with my car, can I keep the meat and rack (if it is a buck)? What steps should I take?

A:  With the rather low success rate during the recent deer season, road-hit deer are in high demand this year. If you hit one with your vehicle, or come across one on the shoulder of the road that you wish to keep, you just need to contact Minnesota State Patrol (MSP) dispatch at (651) 582-1455  or your local Sheriff’s Office dispatch center.

A peace officer can then issue you a permit to possess the road hit deer and process it how you wish. For any other type of wild animal that you find on the road or elsewhere, and that was not lawfully taken during a hunting or trapping season, you first need to get a permit from a conservation officer before possessing the animal. The MSP dispatch phone number will find the nearest conservation officer to handle the permit and determine whether it is a species that can be possessed.

Matthew S. Miller is a Department of Natural Resources conservation officer with the Lake Superior Marine Unit.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/02/15, 04:10:09 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I often wondered the number to call. thanks LEE!!!!!!!!! NOT TO LONG I HAD THIS OPPORTUNITY but passed!!! :bonk: :bonk: :censored:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!