Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: this is cool.  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Took a walk thru my river botom to retrieve som cams. always love to see what im missing during rifle and whats survived. but this really was cool to see. i know bear are not true hibernist, and i cant recall the terminology that dsecribes them. Hibernists lower their heart rate. Bear do not. I did lnow that they have a tendecy to get up and move around some during mild temps of winter and even if winter is is concurently mild they might not even den. The Boars that is. So this is really cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Actually I thought bears were true hibernators. However I saw a skunk running around 2 weeks ago. Like raccoons they like to come out when temperatures are mild.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a walk thru my river botom to retrieve som cams. always love to see what im missing during rifle and whats survived. but this really was cool to see. i know bear are not true hibernist, and i cant recall the terminology that dsecribes them. Hibernists lower their heart rate. Bear do not. I did lnow that they have a tendecy to get up and move around some during mild temps of winter and even if winter is is concurently mild they might not even den. The Boars that is. So this is really cool.
Boar I remember what its called.I remember cause it is close to stupor yeh know in a stupor with the B bear its torpor I think thats it??
 Someday I'll tell you about when I was 12 runnin a trap line and found a skunk in hibernation>>>>They arent real hibernatersIIIIIIII
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mamaliam hibernation is what its defined as but there was another term used for it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"