Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: glenwood area 1-9-2007  (Read 5032 times)

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
GLENWOOD - Fish On Bait & Sport, Kyle, 201 S Franklin St, 2 blocks south of stoplights in Glenwood, www.habitatnow.com (320-634-3667)    BAD ICE IN YOUR AREA?  COME OUT TO GLENWOOD...THE ICE IS GREAT AND THE FISH ARE BITING!  The guys in the bait shop are even nice to talk to (smile).  Weather again was perfect and there were a lot of people on the lake.  Minnewaska still has a good 11 to 12 inches of ice.  Even with the rain and nice weather, Minnewaska has had cold nights to keep the ice in great condition...no slush or standing water and it is still hard to keep the holes open at night.  There have been a few ATVs that went in over the weekend but all of these were near creeks and ice heaves...these are areas that people should stay away from anyway.  Out from Glenwood the ice is great the panfish bit is HOT!  Nice limits of sunnies and crappies are being caught...crappies even during the day!  I have been out the last 3 days myself enjoying the bite and brought home a limit of crappies every time...we eat them as fast as we can catch them.  Believe it or not...we are catching the most crappies on a gold Aberdeen hook with a big fathead.  Can't get rich selling Aberdeen hooks but people are catching crappies and that is the main thing.  Small cars and trucks can still be seen driving around on the ice but we recommend people to either walk or use their ATV...it is a short walk out from shore to where the crappies, sunnies and walleyes are biting.  Walleyes are still being caught on the Glenwood side but the better bite is out from the Minnewaska House, High School and Priest's Point...just look for the fish houses.  Fish On will have a good inventory of crappie minnows, fatheads, shiners, suckers, spearing decoys, waxies, wigglers and much more.  Stop in to get latest fishing updates and Kyle's hand drawn maps to the hot spots.  We are located two blocks south of the stop lights.  Stop by and say Hi!  Ice is great...come out for the weekend...bring the family!

If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping to get up to Minnewaska pretty soon with the big house. With all this cold weather it must be getting close.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away