Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Plowed ice roads on lakes  (Read 1129 times)

Offline BDub

• Outdoorsman
    • Conservationists with Common Sense
As a snowmobiler, I think the DNR needs to enforce regulations that the person who plows an ice road needs to mark the road with some kind of signage or with pine boughs. If not, they should be held responsible for any injuries.

Many Ely/Tower lakes are staked for a safe snowmobile route across the lakes. The staking most often takes place before people start plowing ice roads to their favorite fishing place.

These people should be made to mark where their road crosses the snowmobile trail to prevent injury.
Nancy McReady
CWCS President

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sounds like a reasonable request. But, how do they know where the snowmobile trail would cross? The lake by me, the snowmobiles don't stay on a set path when on the lake. Suppose they could mark the whole road.  :scratch: I would think that they would have to mark it with some kind of reflective  tape in order to see it at night.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so are these snowmobile trails grant in aid??????? I was under the impression grant in aid trails are not suppose to cross a lake. I was an avid sledder to at one time, till momma got all old on me!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!