Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Browsers Windows  (Read 3966 times)

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
why do i lock up my Browser window only when i come too MNO? i'm running MIE !
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hmmm.....

I had that same problem at one point. Not sure how I fixed it. I have ie7 nd that is what I had problems with.

Maybe hedrocks can answer this for you.......?

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
There is no reason I can think of that would cause that to happen.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
When I click Home in the upper left corner under links, it takes forever to load and then half the page is white.  It is missing all the latest posts (that area is blank).  Are experiencing any problems?  Or is it just me.

I can click forums and cruise around there.  It is just when I click home.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I did have the same problem a few minutes ago, but it seems to be working normally now.  There was probably an issue with the server or the DNR news feed that caused it to be slow.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
It's working now!  Cool!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
happened agian tonight but while i was in the chat room every thing locked up..
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
we have spent a heck of a lot of time here and have not experienced the problems that you are describing.....

I once was having problems and then I ran windows defender and a spyware download. I also had an issue with my McAfee. After all these things I have never had a problem to date.

WoodChuck  26d 15h 21m  -  What the hell?
Spinach  17d 21h 29m
jigglestick  12d 23h 58m
GRIZ  10d 17h 5m
Mayfly  8d 12h 34m
Joe  7d 15h 51m
smallmouthguide  7d 5h 29m
Benny  6d 7h 37m
big_fish_guy  6d 7h 13m
hedrocks  5d 19h 13m

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I would have to agree with Mayflys post 100%. I have only experienced problems when the server or host was down or going through maintenance. I spend a lot of time on the site and have never received any complaints other than yours.

Maybe look into your web browser, or the configuration on your computer, the problems you are having are isolated to you only.
MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Iceman, please take no offense to what I am about to say!  It isn't anything personal.

I used to have windows ME, and I used to have nothing but problems with it!  I now have Windows XP pro and have had no problems whatsoever! 

So my advice to you would be to dump Windows ME, and get Windows XP home or pro, or you could buy the new version-Windows Vista and install it.  Windows ME isn't supported any longer by Microsoft, hence no more updates for that operating system.  Our shipping pc at work has Windows ME, and it's always got problems.    My experience with Windows ME is that it had a mind of it's own-it would do crazy things for no apparent reason. 

*No, I am in no way affliliated with Microsoft-if I was...I'd be someplace warm fishing right now!  ;D
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Don't buy Vista and try to install it on a computer that was built to run Windows ME.  I am affiliated with Microsoft and would not recommend it.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks hedrocks...I didn't know that.  I am in no way a computer expert, but I am learning-by trial and error!  ;D

So since you're affiliated with Microsoft...can ya get me any freebies?!!!  ;D :laugh:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I've been running Vista for a couple of months now and it is really nice.  Actually it makes Windows XP look like Windows 95.  You do need a computer with a good processor and at least a GB of memory though.  I don't work for Microsoft, the company I work for is a Microsoft partner.  We do get a lot of free products, but sorry, I can't share them with you.  Really though, there are so many free programs that you can get without spending the money on Microsoft produts.  For one don't waste your money on Microsoft Office.  Go to www.openoffice.org.  Why pay hundreds of dollars whe that one is free.