Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a Conservation Officer  (Read 973 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 Ask a Conservation Officer:
                            Steelheads :scratch:

Q: If I am fishing in Wisconsin waters on Lake Superior under a Wisconsin license, and catch a nice steelhead, can I keep it (as their laws allow) and bring it back to my vehicle parked in Minnesota?

A: Yes, under certain conditions. When fishing contiguous waters of an adjoining state whose regulations differ from Minnesota's, you must return in the most direct route to your access point in Minnesota without stopping to fish in Minnesota's waters if you possess fish that are legal there but not here. You must have been fishing legally under their license, and have their license in your possession. If instead you were to stop and fish in Minnesota's waters while possessing a steelhead, you would then be in violation of possessing a protected fish under our laws. For more information see the Lake Superior and Border Water pages in the 2018 Fishing Regulation Synopsis.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again