Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Great start on trail maintenance  (Read 1505 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It took three full days with 4-5 people working but we finally got through all 8+ miles of trail.  All this and I never even got the brush mowers out.  A week ago Cody and the rest of us spent all Sunday cutting brush and branches that have grown over and hung down on the trails.  Started around 9 and finally all the arms gave out around 6 PM.  This past Saturday dakids and another friend of mine along with my brother in law gave it another full day of more of the same.  Yes, dakids and I did get rained on but that was better than getting fried in the heat.  My friend stayed over Saturday night and three of us completed the job by mid afternoon on Sunday.  Now instead of driving through "tunnels" we have wide open trails and will not get swatted in the face by brush and branches.  We have talked about doing this for years but somehow it never happened.  Thanks again Cody and dakids for all the help.  I hope your arms have recovered.  We had one hell of a lightning show on Saturday night. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Best part was there weren't any deer flies.  Good luck on your bear hunts.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Best part was there weren't any deer flies.  Good luck on your bear hunts.
:happy1: man that's great news to hear. No deer flies!!!  :happy1: :dancinred:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
All the prep work really paid off this weekend.  I was able to mow all the trails in less than two days.  Best thing was no breakdowns!  The brush mowers worked as they were designed to and really took a beating going over stumps, roots, humps, holes and rocks.  Not to mention bouncing off trees and stumps.  I used my brother in laws Grizzly 700 with EPS.  Without the EPS I wouldn't have made it half way through before my arms would have given out.  Probably pulled the brush mowers some 20 miles with rarely going more than 30 feet without a turn of some sort.  Still prefer the DR brush mower over the Swisher.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Pictures. We like pictures!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!