Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dust bowl for sure  (Read 1153 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I went to the land yesterday to do a few odd things prior to hunting season starts. The farmer who makes the hay on a few fields was picking the last of the rocks that popped up when he leveled a 6 acre field. When he finished picking the rocks he did some more leveling with some big equipment. The dust storm was something to see. Over the past two months only .6 inches of rain fell in the area.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Dust...  :confused:  I'm more impressed with that pile of rocks.   :happy1:  That looks like a lot of work.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that rock bucket in the 2nd pic did it's work!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You have a nice pile of rocks there.  They have a value too for different projects. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I could use a bunch them out in front of my dock!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Think I see more patios and sidewalks in deadeye's future... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I thought that too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Too funny, mike89 and glen57.  Yes, I thought of that as well and I have to admit it, I have picked up a few and brought them home.  :rotflmao:

They had a problem with the rock bucket. Because after disking the sod was mostly in clumps. The bucket would not allow the sod to fall through so they had to pick up and toss the rocks in the bucket by hand. Not something I would have enjoyed. I think more rocks popped up than they expected. I think it was a lot of work and expense to level a field just to plant some pasture mix hay.  Also, it's on his dime and we do not have any documented agreement, just my word that he can make the hay.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The ONLY other thing I know about agronomy is this...  If you don't pick them rocks out of the field when they are small, they grow to be big rocks.  (Or so I've been told.   :embarrassed: )