Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Happy Halloween!  (Read 2048 times)

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
One of my favorite holidays! Silly costumes and candy! 🍭🍬🎃🦇👻🍁🕷

[attachment deleted by admin]
~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good one!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

here are Fritz and Remi with the costumes!!!!!! :scratch: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Oh well I should post them too over here, eh? My boys Fritz and Remi in their fancy Halloween bandanas!  :azn:

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Sharon.  I usually buy a few bags of candy for us er I mean the kids.  LOL  We have a long driveway in the country so since our friends kids grew up we have no activity.  We keep the lights off too.  I may have to run in and get us some candy just in case. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Sharon.  I usually buy a few bags of candy for us er I mean the kids.  LOL  We have a long driveway in the country so since our friends kids grew up we have no activity.  We keep the lights off too.  I may have to run in and get us some candy just in case.
i'm waiting till after today, when it is marked down 50%  :happy1:

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Its so hard to Judge the Candy purchase. Some years we have purchased a lot and had almost no kids. Other years it seems like we have tons of kids and have to ration the candy supply. With the colder temps and recent snow here, My guess is traffic is down. I will I had lived where we do now when I was a kid. Oh the haul I could have made. I would have run from door to door. Went home and changed costumes and ran back to all the best houses. I use to 1/2 way fill a pillow case. Here where I live now I would have needed several of them  :cheesy:
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I see less and less kids every year. I suppose once they get to a certain age now they want to stay home and be on a screen. We used to go every year and had to be told we might be getting to old for it. We usually have left over candy every year.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
here at this house we've been the old fuddy dud grinches for Halloween for a while. we did it when our kids where young. now we shut the lights off. we dont have near the young kids in the neighborhood anymore and we off on a side street a good block from the main drag.

we ended up with to much candy leftover...........and i shouldnt be eating the stuff anyway!!!!!!!! :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no one here any more for the most part..   still I buy some candy, but what I like!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :scratch:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Living out here in the hinterlands, we don't see a lot of trick or treaters but there are usually a couple neighbors' kids who stop by. Just had one group leave. Cute kids. Their dad was here at Halloween in '91 before the rain changed over to snow. Hope the other group doesn't pull the stunt where they show up after 9 like they've done in the past. Us old farts need our beauty sleep! 😴
« Last Edit: October 10/31/23, 06:12:35 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
here at this house we've been the old fuddy dud grinches for Halloween for a while.  Why doesn't that surprise me  :rotflmao:  :confused:  :bonk: We usually get quite a few, we all been down that road, as kids. We like mingling and poking fun at the kids,  always a bowl of treats for the pooches that come by also.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
here at this house we've been the old fuddy dud grinches for Halloween for a while. we did it when our kids where young. now we shut the lights off. we dont have near the young kids in the neighborhood anymore and we off on a side street a good block from the main drag.

we ended up with to much candy leftover...........and i shouldnt be eating the stuff anyway!!!!!!!! :confused:
Hope they tip your outhouse over.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got that done. Last bunch showed up shortly after 8. Lots of leftover candy. Just what we need... :rolleyes:

When my Dad was a kid they used to take a couple pickups with a rope tied between them and tip over peoples corn shocks. Sure glad I'm not like that... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Hope they tip your outhouse over.
:pouty: :pouty: boy i sure not feelin the love here.......... but when a pattern of not many show up and you get all that candy bought and all the leftover stuff.....i can take a hint.........

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I committed THE rookie mistake last night.  I didn't give away the yucky-cheap stuff first, and now I'm stuck with it.   :pouty: