Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Any one in the North Metro want to join me for some bow practice?  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
I will be starting to shoot my bow next week, plan on going to Coon Rapids Archery clubs hang out at Bunker Lake park.

May try Capra's one week as well, could use a seasoned bow hunter to help me get my form down better.

And I hate to shoot by my self:)

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Hey Benny - Are you planning on shooting at the outdoor 3D shoot this weekend? I'm hoping to make it up there with my 2 boys. We'll see what happens with the snow.

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Joe, I might be able to get out Saturday after 1PM or so.
Maybe Sunday after the gun show in anoka, around 1 pm again.

I have to work Saturday till noon, so I can't get there till after 1 PM.

As far as the outdoor range, it might be better for me to be indoors till I get my form back.
I have not shot a bow for a while, and when Ben at the SPW set it up for me he noticed I was droping my shoulder to much causing inconsistant release.

Benny

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I will be up at Rapids sunday for the indoor 300, I dont think they are having the 3d with all the snow, cant get the wheelers around the trails. Thats what Bill Martin told me.

If you come in before 5 pm during the week or anytime on sunday at Gander in Blaine, the range is wideopen, have no problem helping you out, plus I will shoot with you. Thats what I get paid to do there, shoot bows. My new site should be in as well.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Cool job Chris. ;D Getting paid to do what you love.

Any shelters left at the Blaine store? I'm looking for a year end closeout on a Clam X2.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris, I didn't know Gander had an open range there?
Is it open to the public to shoot there or just for people who buy bows and or equipment and have it set up there?

Benny

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cool job Chris. ;D Getting paid to do what you love.

Any shelters left at the Blaine store? I'm looking for a year end closeout on a Clam X2.

x2s, I dont think so, you'd have to call. I am only in fishing right now buying the clearnace muskie baits and components for some new stuff I am working on and buying laker lures for next weeks trip to the bdub.

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Chris, I didn't know Gander had an open range there?
Is it open to the public to shoot there or just for people who buy bows and or equipment and have it set up there?

Benny

Its open to the public, its liek 4 bucks an hour to shoot there, if I am working I dont charge people chances are I'll convince you to try a new rest or something different, or shoot one of our bows, and you may not buy anything that trip, but you might find something you do like and that pays for your shooting, that goes for every customer that comes in. As long as you punch paper not the foam targets I am cool with it. I dont know if gander is, but its pretty lame to pay to shoot. You wanna do that go to capras.

We have league from 6pm to close monday through friday and the youth league 9 am till one on saturdays.

Right now, my partner Drew, another arch guy at Gander are in the lead for league for the tuesday through friday league with averages of around 392. Four weeks to go, gotta get it.

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Chris, do we have to check the bows in at Customer service or is there a rear entry to the bow shop?

Benny

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Chris, do we have to check the bows in at Customer service or is there a rear entry to the bow shop?

Benny

Yup, just like sportsmens, check in at customer service and go from there.

If you want to shoot this summer, I got a coule three ds in the backyard plus up to 120 yds for shooting. Practice out of tree stands, ground blind, its a good time.