Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Suggestion for site  (Read 3522 times)

Offline h2ofwlr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Buzz at 8 MOs
Please consider go to 30 or 40 topics per page instead of the 20 you now have per page.  Kind of aggravating that one has to go to page 2 just to view todays topics in the more active forums.  User freindly comes to mind-NOT   the way it is.  Add topics so 30 to 40 per page please.

Change of subject.  Why is it that I do not see where my PM are on the index   http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php    I can not find a PM link anywhere, what is up with that???

Lastly, why after making a post why does it go to the forum index, VS back to the topic? 
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks I am.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Please consider go to 30 or 40 topics per page instead of the 20 you now have per page.  Kind of aggravating that one has to go to page 2 just to view todays topics in the more active forums.  User freindly comes to mind-NOT   the way it is.  Add topics so 30 to 40 per page please.

I changed it to 25 for now.....I will discuss this further with the other. As far as you other questions. I am looking into it.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Change of subject.  Why is it that I do not see where my PM are on the index   http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php    I can not find a PM link anywhere, what is up with that???

Because it is not on that page. No reason to have it on every page.

Check your PM's at the home page. And if you are online and get one it will notify you when your screen refreshes.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

I changed it to 25 for now.....I will discuss this further with the other. As far as you other questions. I am looking into it.

I actually just changed this back to 20. There is no reason to drag a page out any longer. It is not difficult to go to the next page.

Offline h2ofwlr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Buzz at 8 MOs
I do not have the "home page on the favorites list-it is the index page---and every site that is how I have it.    Every other site that I am on there is a link to ones PMs on EVERY page.  And I have pop up blocker, and even when I have it off, it will not access the PMs.

And I'll reintinarate the 30 of more to a page.  Most sites are 50 topics to a page.  Saying that is "drags on" is a nonsensical comment.

And you did not answer why is it after I make a post it automatically goes to the forum index VS the topic.   Again all the other hunting sites it goes to the topic.

I mentioned user friendly.  That is the goal correct?  Then why have non user friendly formats?   ???  JIMHO

Oh and another suggestion, update your smileys icons as there are much more clearer ones available
« Last Edit: March 03/21/07, 02:45:38 PM by h2ofwlr »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Mr. h2ofwlr,

As you may know we are currently going through some changes with the forums. We have upgraded versions and are in the process of revising and making more changes. This process may take up to 1 month. A month may seem like a long time but before you know it we will be up and running with a nice new looking board that I am sure you will find very user-friendly. I can also assure you that we are taking your requests very seriously and we will consider them as we work on the forums.

Thanks! ;)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
  :-X <------  thats me trying realy hard not to say something sarcasticly fitting
  :-X <------  still trying
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline h2ofwlr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Buzz at 8 MOs
<------Me actually being funny   

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
yes that is funny, if you look very closely you will see what I see, or rather dont see..BALLS!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline h2ofwlr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Buzz at 8 MOs
That is because I did not pull my drawers down all the way, they hang down down quit a bit.  I dare you to see for yourself. :moon:

Damned pervert you were checking out my butt hole.   :hang:

:taz:  This smiley kinda reminds me of Chuck (bufflehed).   :ROTFLMAO:

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
A lot of these suggestions are allready here, you just have to go into your profile.

Go into your profile and select layout preferences.

Here you can turn on or off a lot of features.

I personally have my settings to:

Go back to topic after each reply, show board information inside baords and to alert me when i have a new pm.

MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
LIFES NOT PERFECT AND THERES NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT WEB SITE, BUT OVER ALL I THINKS THIS OUTDOOR SITE IS THE BEST I HAVE COME ACROSS. I THINK ONE OF THE BEST THINGS ABOUT THIS SITE IS IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT HAVE TO LOG ON ;D
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Thank you bowhunter73

;D
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator