Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What do you enjoy the most about the opener?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
What do you enjoy the most about the fishing opener?  Is it spending time with friends that you don't see much, sitting around the campfire with a cold beverage, spending all day out in the boat just waiting for that first bite, or just getting away from the regular everyday routine and relaxing?

What I look forward to most is spending time with friends, being out on the boat, eating good food and having a few beverages around the campfire.  It should be a great opener! 

Please be safe and have fun, good luck!

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
THE WEATHER!!!  ;) I just like to get out, and like a ton of you I'm dreaming of the big one because dang it "This year is going to be my year... I can just feel it"  ;D
~ Greg
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I hope it's not spending all day in the boat, waiting for my first bite.... lol

I enjoy just getting away form home for a few days, no work, and spending time with a few friends, catching fish is the goal, but the time spent on the water and at the cabin is why i love the opener so much.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country
The unbelievable stuff that ya see. 
It's like opener weekend is an inverse reality . . .
. . . the first time I went to Mille Lacs for opener I was at Eddy's; there was a truck in the water at the bottom of the ramp and a pontoon boat on the asphalt in the northbound lane of highway 169. 
 ::hittingself::
« Last Edit: May 05/06/07, 09:58:15 PM by Desperado »
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover

Offline rchaze60

• Master Outdoorsman
never been to an opener and doesnt look like i will either ........ just dont like taking my boat by myself so i will wait til after the opener to get out  ::violin:; ::violin:; :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I like going to the bars and drinking with  all of the gals that got left behind ::drunks::
Shut up and Shoot