Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sierra Club sueing US forrest service.....  (Read 1462 times)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wanted to hear MNO's members take on this...in I believe last tuesdays paper I read something that raised my blood pressure.  The Sierra Club and "The friends of the Boundary Waters" have filed suite against the Forrest Service/Logging Industry to stop any logging along the Echo Trail in northern MN.  I have been a frequent camper and grouse hunter to that area for many years and Know of all the good that the forrest service has done over many,many years up in that beautiful area.  I dont want to draw a hard line on this, but most people dont realize that logging up there is the reason we have the diverse wildlife populations and the multiple stages of forrest growth.  The land itself is state forrest land that runs through two areas of the BWCA.  There are various stands of beautiful Pines and Aspen trees that the forrest service has been planting for decades as they have done prescribed logging along the Echo Trail...It troubles me that Lawyers are now involved in this issue, and that the liberal tree hugging types, most of which have never enjoyed this beautiful area of our state, and most likely never set foot up there, think they know what is" best for all".....Not to mention how big the logging industry is to the local economies in tis region...I'm definatly looking into who I need to contact as far as giving my two cents and my displeasure on this...Dont get me wrong, Im a huge fan of the BWCA and have allways supported upholding the no-motor and no logging policies in the BWCA, and have also spent many days over the years enjoying the area... I just think these morons are way out of line with this action and it makes me sick!  Whats everyones take on this? ::banghead::       -thunderpout ???

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
the "freinds of the boudary waters" are no freinds of mine.  that's all I have to say about that... my mother taught me if you have nothing good to say about someone, say nothing at all.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline JackpineRob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The so-called "Friends" are no friends at all.  They and the Sierra Club and the current Izaak Walton League are first-class pukes, and no friends of hunters and fishermen.   My mom gave me the same advice about keeping your mouth shut if you don't have something nice to say, but I'm tired of seeing ill-informed jerks messing up public lands and waters with their citiot crap.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be nice and just say that I agree with you 100% jackpine.

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I know...Im a bit upset over this and I apoligize to the pygmies in New Giunney for resorting to petty name calling and such but I consider myself a enviromentalist, compared to most people, as I think most hunters and fishermen and other "outdoor types " do, and I just think that the time, energy and $$$ spent by these special interest groups could be spent soooo much wiser and on much bigger issues such as preventing tracts of land in state forrests from being sold to land developers because of DNR money shortages and the like.....instead of working against each other, WE have got to work together... at the end of the dirt road, we really want the same things, right?..... clean air, clean water and the same for our kids and their kids in the future, right?  There are ways do things that make MOST people happy....and I also suppose there will allways the few that call upon the lawyers to sue when they spill the coffey on their damn laps..... ::banghead:: ::bs::              -thunderpout 8)