Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Air rifle tournament  (Read 4484 times)

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I've thought about this for a spell after reading or hearing about it somewhere.

Having an air rifle tournament just a day or two (weekend) It would be more of a get together and meeting people while haveing a little fun competition. Could have a game cook out/fish fry.

It would prolly be best to have b4 huntin season.

Air rifles are a good way to practice, especially if a person is prone to flinch when shooting a gun. It gets a person used to the idea that a gun will not hurt when ya squeeze the trigger.

Just wondering if there would be any interest in something of this nature.

My ideas would be something along the nature of reliving a childhood. People would be aloud to use whatever kind of gun they wanted as long as it is an airgun. To keep it in the sake of living young and prevent mega $$ air rifles out, I think a $50 dollar buyout would be appropriate. That means if ya placed in the top 3 the first  loseing  contestant saying so, could buy your gun for $50. It would be a short no more 50 ft competition. Any ideas?

How many people would be interested in something like this. Just post here we'd have time to work out details of when/where for awhile.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Son of Slab

• Outdoorsman
Griz, can I get a price check on Isle 5. I have two ten pumps not sure how old but also not sure what I paid for them. But I really like the concept of the Buy Out. This sounds like a pretty good reason to get together and drink a few sodas ;) Count me in.
"Son of Slab" IBOT #305

I'm all for Peace and Love;  After We Kill the Bastards!

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Count me in,,,sounds like a blast!
Shut up and Shoot

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
B-B GUNS!!?? no way kid, you'll shoot your eye out!!
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I won't need to worry with you around as you'd forget to load it anyhow. ;D ;D You must be a gluten for punishment. ;D ;D
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
griz, you're lower than a snake belly in a wagon rut :P
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry but ya make it so easy.
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline DaveO

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
OK fine,,,,I love jiggle to no ends,,,,,but if there is beer and any kind of a loaded gun???

Ill be in the library
Shut up and Shoot

Offline awb500magman

• Outdoorsman
Hey guys did you do that Air Rifle Tournament ???

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
i got a cheap crossman thats shoots ok, i would
be interested.

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline holdemtwice

• Master Outdoorsman
  • BURNSVILLE
wish i could do it ......  i paid 350  for mine  ten years ago. cant let it go for 50 ... sounds like a blast though ...   good luck  be careful   .   HT
member  # 569

Offline awb500magman

• Outdoorsman
I am game for this I would like to try it i have a Crossman Powerline 880 i would put up for it

I would like try this and see If any want to do this let me know

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
We never did have a contest. Just shot a few pellets at the IBOT fest.

I forgot all about this but reminds me that it's a good bit of cheap fun at any outdoor get together.
~Thomas Jefferson