Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Saturday Ride  (Read 2351 times)

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Saterday was nice sunny day but not to hot so it was a perfect day for a ride. Whe lft a friends cabin with about 12 machines at 10 am. There was about 3/4 of a mile of forest service road and then we were off into the woods. We have had a lot of rain in the area so we were expecting the trails to be wet but that did not prove to be the case at all.Seems the ground is still doing a good job of soaking up any rain that comes. We did hit a few places that took  a little planing to manuver through with out tearing the trail up any more. Yes everbody did a good job of treading light. We had agreed that if anyone should have a hard time getting through they would shut down and wait for the pull.
We are currently working with land owners in the area to get trails designated and showing respect for their land is important now as always. So guys if you come up north to ride plesae tread lite and stay on the trails do not run out into what just looks like a open slash. Most of them have been replanted with seedlings.
Anyway the ride consisted of riding trails that are just wided enought for one wheeler winding down through the woods. Top speed in meny places is no more then 5 mph. There were also stretch's of logging roads and old railroad grade. These are the old logging rail grades so they are nothing like you see now.If you didn't know the area you wouldn't realize it was a railroad grade.We got back into the cabin around 4 that after noon.
have a safe ride
tripnchip
« Last Edit: June 06/19/07, 05:58:16 AM by Outdoors_Realtree »

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Glad you are back home safe & sound...sounds like the tootsie's are moving for ya perfectly!!  Im so glad!  See in the chat soon.  Take care Pops!  GG

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 ;D THANKS !! trip for your respect for the trails and nature !! with people like you and your group we are sure to put a smile on peoples faces when they see you can have fun and respect MOTHER NATURE . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !! and enjoy the great outdoors .

woodchuck
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, a big thanks for showing others that we ATV people can be responsible.

Glad to hear your outing was fun, have any pictures to post?

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
I was riding the back of the pack so didn't get much for pic's. Mainly at breaks or when the guys up front had to remove a tree from the trail. No actions shots but will see if I manage to post a couple.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Tryed to get pics. in but they are to big of a file and i'm not having any luck downsizing

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
email them to me trip and i will post them for you tonight when I get home from work. i will pm you my email address.  ;D

Outdoors Realtree
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
e-mail sent but discovered i got trouble in there so maybe yu never got it

Offline tripnchip