Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Inline Peep or Ring Site which is better?  (Read 4664 times)

Offline blazer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I currently have an inline peep on my bow, but having been thinking about changing back to a standard ring peep. I'm currently leaning towards the G5.  I like to keep everything as simple as possible on my bow and the tube on the peep is a concern for me.  Just wondering what the rest of you guys and gals use.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  -B. Franklin

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I think mines the in line peep.  I just got this bow and cant remember exactly.  ::hittingself::   I don't think I have the rubber tubing; its just in the string.  And I got the bigger diameter; I know that.  I wanted a bigger field of vision so when I look through it I don't just see brown.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Grute, I tried the standard and didnt like as it would not always line up, my bro tried the one where they spitt he string three ways and had trouble with the string getting in his line of vision. We are both back tothe in line. Now I was shooting with a guy nite berfore last and he is set up with sight that has the beep atatched to it. He loves the set up, although he said it took him days to get it set the way hi wanted it. I never got into why it was so diffecult for to set up. I personaly have trouble telling anyone to diffenetly use this or that because a bow set up is realy a personal thing. What works great for you may be junk for me. I will say though Catwomen sells some bow slings that I would recomend to anyone. It is the only one i have seen that you can let the weight of the bow hang in it well on stand and all it takes to free the bow from i is the motion of lifting your bow to shoot.

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
  • My first Wisconsin deer October 2008
hey blazer  I will tell you what I have experienced and hopefully it will help 3 yrs ago I used the inline style and one day while shooting 3-d my tubing kept breaking and ever since that day I have never even considered using that style again here is what I found
1 they can break at anytime especially when cold
2 they are loud
3 they slow your bow down considerably
4 it seems they are always getting in the cables or strings
5 and the only good thing about them is that they always line up straight

now the fixed peeps

1 quiet
2 no tubing to rely on or worry about
3 no loss of speed
4 if they are not coming back straight 2 things can be happening 1  your string might be streching or is twisted and 2 it wasnt installed properly so all I can tell you about the G5's is that they are suppose to be cats arse I talked to a worker in the archery department at Cabela's last weekend and asked him the difference between the plain peeps and the G5's and he said G5's are great because of their excellent machining job they do on them which keeps them straight at all times he told me ever since last year he started using one his peep has never rotated at all and he said he shoots his bow alot and I would recommend nothing smaller than a 3/16'ths hole I actually just drilled my 1/8" out to a 1/4" hole today because last year when mydeer came in at last light I barely could pick out my pins and the bigger hole helps tremendously for this problem I think alot of guys on here would agree with that fact  get away from the inline
LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF CHANGES  SO ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED  SO HUNT WHILE YOU CAN !!!!