Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: any good recipes for washing clothes scent free  (Read 4581 times)

Offline GOLDTIP

• Outdoorsman
  • My first Wisconsin deer October 2008
just seein if anyone has some homebrews for scent killer for the field and/or washing hunting clothes
LIFE IS ALWAYS FULL OF CHANGES  SO ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED  SO HUNT WHILE YOU CAN !!!!

Offline BigBuckDown

• Outdoorsman
  • BBD
GOLDTIP....Field and Stream had a good recipe for sent block spray.

Two cups (16 ounces) distilled water
Two cups (16 ounces) 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup Baking soda
1 ounce unscented shampoo, to thicken mixture (I used Autumn scented shampoo from Gander)

Gently combine the ingredients into a large bowl until baking soda dissolves. Pour mixture into a 1 gallon lidded container, such as a milk jug. Let it sit for three days with the lid on loosely to allow gasses to escape. Then pour into a large spray bottle (found at any hardware store)

I put some acorns and oak leaves into the distilled water and let soak over night to give the water a Autumn smell. Then strained out and added into mixture. I used this recipe last year and it worked well. The baking soda does turn some of your clothes a hint of white after a lot of use but just wash them and good as new. Just remember to leave the cap on the gallon jug loose otherwise the gases spray the ingredients all over the place. Total cost about $5. The most expensive item is the unscented shampoo. You can easily make 5 or 6 batches for a total of $10.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Thanks for the tip BigBuckDown.  Welcome to MNO!  ::welcome::
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline BigBuckDown

• Outdoorsman
  • BBD
No problem and thanks Outdoors_junkie. Bowhunting is an expensive sport any little trick to save money helps.